Collaborates with other technology teams to design, develop and implement software systems and solutions architecture critical to Moneris’ business operations Performs research and development activities to advance platform technology. Ensures that the security, availability and technology strategy objectives are met for hosted platforms, in concert with site reliability engineering, is responsible for the technical design and operations of the platforms.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be an employee of Spendscape, a subsidiary of Moneris
You will be accountable to:
- Design, develop and support user-focused web-based applications and programs while ensuring all components adhere to a consistent, extensible, evolving architecture which meets business requirements
- Work with both internal groups and external vendors / stakeholders to develop innovative solutions.
- Owns the full stack and entire lifecycle of key software applications, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment.
- Lead and / or provide design input into new projects; turn informed ideas to develop successful software.
- Create and deliver complex software solutions that have broad organizational or client impact. Provide organizational consulting, advice and education on capabilities; modelling and development methodology, including design and coding standards.
- May create and maintain documentation for these standards.
- Investigate issues and recommend / define solutions informed from internal consultation and external research (e.g. stakeholders / industry trends / third party suites) .
- Interface closely with internal and external customers to efficiently drive new products, new features and new ways forward in the in development of complex software including issue resolution and dev ops management.
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Provide input into the technical evolution of the platform. Research industry trends and recommend technology that modernizes the platform.
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in Software Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in software development, design, business intelligence environments, and / or data architecture environments
- Full proficiency with multiple programming languages and / or database management and modelling.
- Experience with Dashboards and or Data Visualizations, OR Marketing Analytics Reporting
- Hands-on technical expertise with high proficiency in analytical ability and design skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in leading large scale projects or significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders.
- Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset
- Experience designing, developing, and testing RESTful APIs using Java 8+ and Spring Boot
- Familiarity with Databases (SQL Server and preferably a NOSQL solution)
- Experience with at least one of the public clouds such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Marketing Analytics & Reporting
- Building Dashboards and/ or Data Visualizations
- Experience working with DevOps pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins), continuous integration/delivery, automated testing (unit, functional, performance)
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.