Manager, Credit - Commercial
The Manager of Commercial Credit is accountable to the Director, Commercial Credit and responsible for performing various forms of credit based analysis on existing and prospective merchants as well as to manage the credit process to ensure that applications for new and existing merchants are dealt with in accordance with Moneris’ credit policy, while at the same time understanding the need to expedite the adjudication process to be as efficient and competitive as possible.
You will be accountable for:
- Performing Credit Risk Assessment on new and existing merchants, and approve or decline applications within assigned levels of authority
- Analyzing and prepare submissions for large applications that require a higher level of approval such as the Credit Committee or the Risk Management Committee of the Board
- Working with Moneris’ Account Managers, as required to provide customer service to merchants on all credit related issues to mitigate identified risk, including managing the escalation process associated with Commercial Credit applications for the region.
- Working closely with the commercial credit team to ensure that the risk associated is underwritten in accordance with Moneris’ credit policy, including reviewing all deals prepared by the commercial credit team to ensure that the appropriate metrics and qualitative factors have been taken into account in the review and in the determination of contingent exposure
- Managing the process of reviewing and recommending updates to the Moneris Credit Policy and Procedures where opportunities exist for improvement.
- Representing the Credit as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) in alignment with Project initiatives and the development of new products
- Managing the process of training and development of Credit Analysts including immediate coaching sessions, as identified and required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Economics or equivalent. Postgraduate designation (CA, CMA, CFA, MBA) or working towards achieving a similar designation (preferred)
- Excellent negotiation skills and networking abilities with internal and external contacts
- 5 to 7 years of Credit Related experience, and 2 to 4 years of Merchant Services experience
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capability to possess and apply a broad knowledge of industry principles, practices and procedures unique to the Merchant acquiring industry
- Sound knowledge of credit and or business loan underwriting, preferable with exposure to the bankcard industry
- Solid experience in financial statement analysis and financial modeling. Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Proven capability of being a strong multi-tasker who can prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills complemented with solid deductive reasoning, sound judgement, and ability to deal with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to business issues and drive results
- Bilingual (French) an asset
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.