Product Manager - Payment Solutions
The Product Manager is accountable for the product lifecycle of their assigned product(s) beginning from product ideation and following through to product delivery and deployment. Gathering, analyzing competitive and market intelligence and understanding customers’ needs and requests, the incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining a product roadmap to ensure the profitability and viability of the products within the assigned portfolio. Within Moneris, the Product Manager is the central point for the voice of the customer. In order to be successful, the incumbent works collaboratively with their Technology counterparts to achieve corporate goals.
You will be accountable to:
- Develop and execute an 18 month - 3 year product roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages all elements of the product life cycle including gathering and creating product requirements, introducing new features and functionality (including determining the appropriate product solution bundle), retiring outdated or redundant features, and providing product support for product launches
- Develop solutions to address opportunities, gaps and/or requirements to maintain competiveness of product offering, consulting on concepts with Technology, and developing comprehensive business cases to support decisions and prioritization
- Manage, solicit and obtain feedback from clients, sales, technology and operations on tech trial and pilot, working with the organization to deliver best in market solution and address / prioritize any remediation needed prior to commercial launch, also visit customers during requirements gathering, solution feasibility, and to conduct product demonstrations
- In collaboration with Technology, work with third-party companies/vendors to assess partnership opportunities, and managing such relationships as required. Also, in collaboration with Sales and Technology, evaluate requests for customization from clients for inclusion in standard product releases
- Identify key success and performance metrics of product offerings within assigned products, and adjust as required to achieve targets. Work with Product Commercialization, Operations and Sales to ensure that products meet product launch success criteria
Your experience includes:
- University degree in Business/ Commerce or a related field.
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience including a proven track record in developing strong product roadmaps and requirements gathering; experience in related verticals and/or the payment industry is strongly preferred
- Strong technical acumen, and knowledge of the software development product life cycle (SDPLC)
- Strong planning and project management skills and experience with project lifecycle management in a technology-dependent environment
- Strong business and financial acumen with a track record of identifying and defining opportunities, gaps or improvements, and recommending effective solutions to complex issues