Dir, Partner Mgmt
Purpose of this Role:
This position supports the business development, take-on process, and management of 3rd party channel relationships to maximize revenues through new and existing channels.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsible for the design, planning and implementation of partner programs and activities to meet strategic relationship goals and maximize referral, sales and revenues within the assigned partner channels (Card Brands, Adjacent Solutions, ISO’s, Distribution Partners, Affiliate Banks and Associations - including business development in the franchise segment)
- Identify potential opportunities for new strategic partnerships including market analysis, business case and direct partner contact/solicitations
- Define and lead strategy of complex contract negotiations with new and existing partners in conjunction with input and interactions with internal stakeholders (including but not limited to Legal, Sales, Finance, Product, Technology and Pricing)
- Establishment and monitoring of KPI’s reflecting service levels, revenues and program goals
- Identify and implement process improvements, both internal and external, to maximize revenues, efficiencies and enhance the customer/partner experience
- Preparation and management of cost centre budget and plan partner revenue projections
- Oversight of corporate project streams to identify opportunities/impacts and partner participation within corporate priority projects initiatives
- Management of Compliance and Code of Conduct implications across all partners managed
- Perform other duties, as required
Education and Professional Designation:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Commerce or a related field of study
- Master’s Degree (MBA) would be considered an asset
- Equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution
- 10-15 years of strategic sales/ account management/ business development experience with a track record of strong sales results
- 7-10 years of leadership/ people management experience
- Previous experience in the payment industry considered an asset
- Knowledge of various sales management methodologies, processes, and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of sales reporting, tracking, and strategic selling process.
- Knowledge of project delivery lifecycle, preferably in technology or financial industry
- Strong financial understanding with familiarity with budgetary planning and cost reporting
- Possesses core knowledge of end to end operational, sales, risk, and card payment transaction processing in order to support referral partner, product and card brand boarding, launch and new technology initiatives
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows/ MS Office Applications
- Track record of building strong relationships with both external and internal partners and building rapport between the two to create results based on high quality leadership, diligence, organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex relationship/partner issues
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence across the organization at various levels.
- Team builder and team player who is motivated by shared achievements
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong business acumen with analytical ability to assess the business and drive the organization forward
- Exceptional time management, documentation and organization skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Knowledge of Card Brand compliance requirements with respect to partnership structures.
- Fluent in English (verbal, written, reading). Bilingualism in French considered an asset.
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.