Finance Business Partner - Sales & Partnership
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Finance Business Partner plays a vital role in influencing and enabling day-to-day financial decisions to support the delivery of business strategy and the overall performance of the Sales and Partnership business units. Specifically, this role is responsible for consulting with the business, in a proactive manner, to drive business insights and support decision making by providing thought leadership, value add performance analysis, and recommendations. This position leverages internal data as well as external information of different sources to strengthen business knowledge, in order to provide solid support to the business in achieving their respective targets.
Key accountabilities include:
- Understand overall corporate strategy and business drivers/models in order to provide recommendations for critical decisions by the Sales and Partnership business units, including evaluation of new initiatives, and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Proactively monitors, reviews, and evaluates the business strategies to provide recommendations and valuable performance analysis and management reporting by highlighting key business performance risks, issues, opportunities, and incorporating data/trends from various sources.
- Use solid judgment combining knowledge of the environment, the competition, financial and operational metrics and work closely with the senior leaders to come up with the appropriate business decision, while being comfortable to challenge the status quo, inquire to get to the root cause, and provide other compelling solutions, where needed.
- Be able to identify opportunities to protect and accelerate business growth based on trends as well as profitability, customer and contract analyses in order to support contract negotiations
- Generate multiple solutions along with the risks and opportunities associated with each decision to help identify the most effective solution.
- Support highly complex decisions, test hypotheses about business problems and quantify risk and opportunity costs
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for internal business cost drivers and support business leaders with this knowledge.
- Use innovative data analysis and statistical analysis to identify, qualify and quantify performance measurements by identifying gaps and opportunities in order to achieve Sale’s targets against strategic priorities and provide guidance to the business.
Minimum position requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/ Commerce/ Accounting/ Finance or a related field of study
- Professional designation (CPA, CFA) or MBA would be an strong asset
- 5-7 years of experience in FP&A or 2-3 years in Finance Business Partner role
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows/ MS Office Applications
- Strong Business casing skills required
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal). Bilingualism in French considered an asset
- Possesses ability to interpret, comprehend and balance the complex information and data to support timely decision making
- Strategic yet outside-the-box thinker with analytical, organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with customer-centric focus
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.