Sr Credit Analyst - Commercial (12 month contract)
This role is responsible for performing various forms of credit-based analysis on business/ commercial accounts, with an emphasis on financial statement analysis on existing and prospective commercial merchants generating large credit exposure. To be successful in the role, the incumbent is well-versed in commercial credit adjudication, credit assessments, and financial statement analysis.
You will be accountable for:
- Adjudicating existing or net new merchants, and approving or declining applications within assigned levels of authority.
- Participating in the ongoing credit risk assessment of a portfolio of Commercial Merchants (large revenue/market share managed accounts), including periodic reviews and recommendations for the increase or decrease of collateral as required.
- Managing individual portfolio – periodic review, collateral updates, contract reviews, compliance reporting, etc.
- Conducting negotiation with Commercial Merchant senior executives (CEO, CFO, VP’s, Directors) relating to credit decisions.
- Performing business analysis in the form of financial statement analysis, review of accounting policy affecting the financials, industry analysis, and financial modeling.
- Providing ongoing education and support to Sales, Operations, and Marketing with respect to Credit Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a related discipline.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in credit adjudication, including business/commercial adjudication.
- Experience analyzing business financial statement is required for the role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, as well as negotiation skills are required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.