Multifamily Maintenance Jr. Apprenticeship
Monarch is a career changer, not a chapter maker but a new book writer for many who embark on the journey!
Monarch Investment & Management Group “Monarch” has been actively involved in Multifamily Housing since 1992. Unlike many of our peers, we are not a real estate investment trust REIT but privately owned by people who actually care. We currently own and manage over 60,000 apartments in 21 states, making us the 13th largest multifamily owner in the country. In addition, Monarch owns and operates a ski and snowboard resort.
Unlike many of our competitors, we do everything possible in-house, including property acquisition, asset management, property management, accounting, marketing, training, legal, maintenance and have capital project crews such as parking lot seal coating, roof crews, rehab crews and major exterior painting crews!
With this model, we are ALWAYS on the lookout for quality entry level to highly certified maintenance professionals to join our teams and are proud to offer a Jr. Maintenance Apprenticeship program.
This program allows individuals who are currently involved in some form of formally advancing their maintenance skillset & knowledge to participate in a program that provides for real world exposure to multifamily building maintenance and management.
Participants will learn about and be hands on with the following:
- General maintenance of multifamily apartments and buildings.
- Preparing apartments for new tenants both hands on and big picture management.
- Building & Property systems (Water/Sewer, HVAC, Electrical, Gas, Irrigation & Pools when applicable)
- Preventative maintenance programs.
- Management of a maintenance shop & parts inventory
- Capital need assessments and planning for 1,3,5 &10+ year projects.
- Successfully working with an industry team.
- How to work with and manage 3rd party contractors when needed.
- OSHA and other safety practices in the workplace.
Requirements & Details:
- Directly works with a Monarch Maintenance Supervisor or Roving Crew Lead.
- Must be currently participating in a structured, related learning program or recently completed in last 3months.
Examples but not limited to:
- 2yr/4yr degrees, trade schools, related certificates, HVAC or other trade certifications.
- High School students will be considered for this program if they have related interest.
- Minimum 4 weeks, Maximum 12-week participation.
- Paid based on experience/background, plus participation in an amazing program!