Multi-site Leasing Agent - Apartment Communities
Monarch Investments is looking for a Multi-Site Leasing Agent to join our team in Louisville, KY. We are offering a very competitive wage based on experience plus commissions with full benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Monarch Investment and Management Group is a winner of the National Apartment Associations 2021 Best Places to Work. We currently manage over 68,000 apartment units in 20 states, making us the 10th largest multifamily owner in the country per NMHC. In addition, Monarch operates a nationally franchised hotel and a ski and snowboard resort.
Benefits for full time employees:
- $16 - $20/hrs plus commissions
- Paid education/training programs
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Holiday Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Housing Discounts
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains new leasing consultants
- Mentor leasing consultants within a region for maximum closing and success
- Accepts and completes required application information from the prospective residents.
- Monitors all applications in progress to see that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews all lease renewals and move in files prior to Property Manager approval.
- Makes recommendations to increase income, decrease expenses and grow net operating income
- Ensures property is leased at or above market occupancy and rent levels based on owners guidelines
- Ensures all property marketing is current, accurate, relevant and at its greatest effect
- Ensures adherence to all Monarch policies and procedures by the property team including all forms, leases, and other documents deemed standard for MIMG.
- Works hand in hand with the Regional Manager on a monthly budget review
- Generates weekly reporting to Regional Manager
- Performs additional functions from time to time as requested by the Regional Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in multi-family housing
- Must have demonstrated computer skills and be able to navigate industry software
- Knowledge of local, state and federal resident/property management laws/guidelines
- Have excellent verbal and written communication
- Be able to provide great customer service to our residents
- Willing to complete online class training required by Monarch
- Strong analytical reporting, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer