Overnight Floor Attendant : Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs custodial work in interior public areas of the Mountain House and other building interiors. Responds to guest requests for housekeeping services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fulfill requests for items such as pillows, linen, paper goods, light bulbs, boxed or unboxed beds, furniture, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Follow systematic night cleaning schedule as advised by Night Supervisor and/or Night Manager.
- Move cabinets, boxes, furniture, and equipment to clean areas.
- Sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, wax, and buff dining areas, meeting rooms, and public areas as assigned.
- Clean and disinfect public areas. Empty trash receptacles and sanitize. Transport trash to proper waste unit.
- Remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions
- Inspect public restrooms. Brush and scrub toilets, urinals, sinks and drains. Clean mirrors, sink-tops, and all bathroom surfaces. Clean and sanitize baby changing stations. Empty trash receptacles, sanitary disposal boxes, and sanitize. Transport trash to proper waste unit.
- Maintain the appearance of the public areas, including hallways, staircases and entrances. Clean walls, ceilings, fixtures, windows and equipment.
- Write Maintenance requests for areas or equipment in need of repair or in need of preventative maintenance.
- Protect the property of Mohonk Mountain House in all areas of the house, noting and reporting any changes, damage, or missing items of furniture or decorative items.
- Return all equipment used during the shift to the storage areas in which they found it; leave all closets cleared of trash and locked.
- Respond quickly to reports of incidents requiring cleanup and follow established standards for cleanup.
- Participate in special cleaning projects.
- Operate machinery such as vacuums, carpet cleaning machines, floor buffers, washers, dryers, ironer/folders, elevators,
- Maintain appropriate supply levels of paper goods, soap, and other supplies.
- Work with chemical cleansers, disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Shovel snow from balconies and pathways.
- Work under pressure and maintain composure while dealing with large volumes of people.
- Comprehend the special cleaning needs of public restrooms and is motivated to meet the challenge those facilities present while acting in a manner which allows maximum privacy and consideration to guests and employees.
- Check for and immediately report any damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items throughout the hotel.
- Sign out keys and return at the end of shift.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed by cleaning agent or in accordance with our Mohonk Mountain House Standards and Protocols.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist and carry a distance of up to 25 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, through passageways, in/out of elevators.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous hotel-related/cleaning experience desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.