Director, Product Management, Life Sciences
Model N is hiring for a Director of Product Management, Life Sciences. This enterprise software product management leader in our Life Sciences group will drive business associated with Revenue Management products for Pharmaceutical companies.
If you have a blend of product innovation and execution skills, experience in creating and commercializing cutting edge SaaS products in the enterprise software space and want to work for a market leader in the Lifesciences Revenue Management space, this position is for you! This product management leader will help drive the financial targets for their product suite by creating customer delighters that deliver long-lasting value for our customers.
The Director of Product Management, Life Sciences will lead the team that defines the strategy, creates the roadmap, manages product requirements, and commercializes Model N’s Revenue Management product suite.
This is a unique position with a broad scope; you will define both market and product requirements while working directly with product development and architects to define and deliver solutions. You will drive the product, sales and marketing plays to drive business growth and retention.
- Define or lead team to define product requirements (features, user stories) and UX for workflows in Model N’s revenue management offerings.
- Drive consensus with customers and internal business stakeholders on product direction and prioritization of features.
- Drive thought leadership and innovation to increase market penetration
- Create and present business cases to seek funding for new products or initiatives
- Manage customer satisfaction and protect ARR.
- Work with development teams to get product releases delivered with the desired content, on time and with high quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive release of products from concept to launch using Model N’s New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Create, manage and communicate product roadmaps internally as well as externally to customers
- Work with marketing and sales to create go-to-market strategies and sales plays that maximize the sales of solutions
- Assist in the creation of high-impact messaging, marketing campaigns, sales kits and sales plays
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers. Represent Model N at conferences and other events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Economics, Finance or Math is required.
- MBA or strong coursework in product management or business administration is required.
- Minimum of 12 years of formal product management experience with proven track record of defining and bringing SaaS based enterprise application solutions to market.
- 5+ years of experience in managing direct reports and offshore teams
- Experience in the Lifesciences (Pharma or MedTech) business and understanding of Managed Markets, esp. Payer contracting is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of Revenue Management or Quote to Cash Processes: Pricing & Rebate Strategies, Configuring, Quoting, Contract Creation & Amendments, Contract Execution and Management (Contract Compliance), Payment Submission and Processing is required. Experience with CRM and/or ERP products is preferred.
- Experience with creating and commercializing analytics offerings (business intelligence and AI/ML solutions) for the enterprise preferred.
- Experience in Agile product development, backlog creation, epic, feature and user story creation, understanding of grooming needs for release planning and execution is required. Prefer experience with Scaled Agile Framework.
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
To learn more about Model N and view more open jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/ Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future job opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other opportunities: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Equal Opportunity Statement
Model N values diversity at our company and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Model N considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.