Senior Director, Alliance Management
This is a critical role in our Sales organization that will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and building a best-in-class Alliance Management function for Model N. The Senior Director, Alliance Management will report to Model N’s Chief Revenue Officer and will work closely with Sales, Services, R&D, Finance, Legal and commercial teams.
This role will be measured by both strategic goals and objectives and delivering on sourced pipeline and sourced revenue from the partner eco-system. The initial types of partners in the desired eco-system include: system integrators, data providers, technology, complementary solutions, strategic consultants and BPO providers. Future growth areas will include APJ expansion and potentially reseller partnerships as an indirect channel is developed.
- Maximize existing and future Model N alliances as the function supporting and advising all major collaborations.
- Work with new and existing partners to ensure Model N and the partner achieve our goals in our alliances and partnerships.
- Prepare and continually improve/refine detailed templates and best practices for alliance management and integration; foster alliance management understanding and skills across the organization.
- Define processes and establish progress monitoring to ensure successful alliances; track and report progress against key partnership objectives and value drivers.
- Lead efforts to increase alignment, mutual understanding, and trust between collaboration participants; establish and ensure smooth communication across and operation of collaborations.
- Understand the partner’s internal people, roles, and decision-making processes to proactively engage with them to make decisions, as well as to know how and when to best engage as unexpected events emerge.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of each key contract as well as any associated or related contracts; ensure Model N and partners are adhering to obligations and the spirit of the agreement.
- If necessary, align with the partner regarding the interpretation of the contract in the event of a difference of opinion between the two sides.
- Identify issues and opportunities that are “extra-contractual” and work both internally and with the partner to construct a path forward to address or capitalize on them.
- Lead alliance renegotiation as opportunities for improvement arise. Lead process and decision-making around the conclusion of alliances when appropriate.
- Design and implement process to track and periodically report integration progress against key value drivers from the deal (e.g., progress of key programs, achievement of synergies).
- 10+ years in enterprise software, application software and/or consulting environments, including proven track record in alliance management.
- Multi-channel experience including direct sales, channel alliances and SaaS.
- Project management experience with special emphasis on establishing processes, defining templates, and managing cross-functional teams through significant ambiguity and complexity.
- Track record of having managed successful alliances, as well as a desire and ability to perform both at a strategic leadership level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
- Thorough understanding of contracts and partnerships.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual who is likely to have an MBA and other advanced training.
- Strong general management and leadership qualities and an ability to influence across company lines and to communicate at the Executive Committee level.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including specifically, the skills needed to manage difficult conversations and interactions as they arise.
- Extensive travel across US required, with limited travel to EMEA and APJ.
About Model N:
Model N (NYSE: MODN) is the leader in revenue management solutions. Driving mission-critical business processes such as configure, price and quote (CPQ), contract and rebate management, business intelligence, and regulatory compliance, Model N solutions transform the revenue lifecycle from a series of disjointed operations into a strategic end-to-end process. With deep industry expertise, Model N supports the complex business needs of the world’s leading brands in pharmaceutical, medical device, high-tech manufacturing, and semiconductor across more than 100 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Microchip Technology and ON Semiconductor. For more information, visit www.modeln.com. Model N® is the registered trademark of Model N, Inc. Any other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.