Principal Cloud Architect
Model N is hiring a Principal Cloud Architect, reporting to Vice President of Cloud Engineering and Operations. This Architecture Leader will provide vision and drive change to Model N Cloud infrastructure, platform and enabling technologies for Model N SaaS and Services portfolios.
- Most senior individual contributor role in Cloud team of Model N
- Drive Cloud Architecture focusing more automation, scalability, high availability, DR and BC, elasticity, alerting, monitoring and metrics, security and more
- Work across two public clouds AWS and Azure, may be more in the future
- Oversee virtual team of more Jr. Cloud and Technology Architects who report into functional teams. Partner with functional team leaders, managers and directors.
- Partner with Sw. Architects including Chief Architect and collaborate closely in driving nextgen Model N Platform across our multiple verticals and product lines
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and 15+ years of applicable experience, with 5+ years within senior roles, 3+ years in equivalent architecture role in public cloud or hybrid cloud environment
- Experience as full stack engineer and architect, with understanding of storage, network, compute, virtualization, automation, and software architecture
- Prior experience with Managing Cloud/DevOps teams highly desirable
- Background in long term Cloud sustainability: experience in dealing with multi clouds including and specifically from cost effectiveness, through evaluation of core cloud technologies across main cloud vendors AWS, Azure, GCP
- Extensive experience in automation from CI (incl Release Engineering) to CD to Operations (including alerting, monitoring and metrics at scale), multiple automation frameworks
- Experience with generations of cloud technology, including established automations using chef, puppet, salt, ansible (preferred), etc to how things change with Kubernetes
- Experience with Git and Jenkins, preferred, alternative frameworks and tools nice to have
- Experience with Kubernetes at scale, including introduction of Kubernetes to an existing cloud and or on prem product lines. Experience setting up service mesh and control policies, preferably Istio.
- Experience with multiple data technologies RDBMS, hdfs, non-SQL, KV Stores, etc. Experience operating clusters of Big data technologies like Apache Spark, Kafka, Dremio, Elasticsearch etc. at scale and strong understanding of distributed data processing concepts.
- Experience in collaborative Cloud and SW engineering shops, where concepts of embedded SRE or DevOps into SW Scrum teams are well understood and native
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Equal Opportunity Statement
Model N values diversity at our company and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Model N considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.