Principal Consultant -Life Sciences Technical
Brief Position Description:
A technical consultant is responsible for activities like, system installation, development of customizations, interface configuration and testing, integration to 3rd party software, and data loading, The Model N LS solution is a transaction-based collaborative price management application,
implemented in Java. We are looking for technical consultants with experience working, in a fast paced environment. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. The role will report to Director - Professional Services.
- Participate in implementations of Model N systems as a member of the Professional Services Technical Team.
- Design, develop and test customizations and work closely with Solution Architect/Tech Lead and Client’s teams.
- Create custom applications that support and enhance the Model N LS solution using Java, Oracle and Scripting languages.
- Assist customers with technical tasks related to implementations (hardware/software selection and sizing), deployment, and interface strategy.
- Drive data loading efforts. Work with customer to explain format of data, help customer with mapping, analyze content, perform data loading, and report errors to customer.
- Provide consultation and support when needed, to Professional Services colleagues.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- B. Tech (Computer Science) or equivalent degree
- Work experience of 7 to 9 Years.
- Experience in object-oriented design/programming required. Hands-on experience on Java - Core Java and J2EE. At least 3 year experience in server-side, real-time, transaction-based Java and Java/JDBC
- Oracle SQL, PL/SQL experience required.
- Development experience with web-based technologies (e.g. HTML, XML)
- Exposure to middle tier programming using Servlets is desired. Exposure to Eclipse IDE, Version control system is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
- Ability to effectively change design and development approaches as the business requirements dictate.
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/