Senior DevOps Engineer (Sr. Cloud Ops Engineer 1)
Model N is the most advanced Revenue management platform for the largest Life Science and High-Tech enterprises. We are enhancing our world-class team to build the next generation of our software solutions.
As a Devops member of our Cloud Operations organization, you will collaborate with our Development, Product Management and other groups to design, implement and deliver highly scalable and highly available SaaS solution to our enterprise customers.
- 4-6 years of hands-on DevOps experience
- Solid understanding of Docker & Kubernetes platforms and related technologies
- Good understanding of security in general and specifics related to Kubernetes platform.
- Strong working experience on CI/CD processes and tools like Jenkins, Github, Maven, Spinnaker
- Expert knowledge of AWS platform and services as well as hybrid and multi cloud solutions such as Azure and GCP
- Proficient in provisioning and Infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Cloud formation, and etc.)
- Solid knowledge of scripting in Python, Bash, Groovy
- Advance troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated & strong team player who can collaborate with distributed teams
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in setting up and operating at least one Kubernetes distribution (e.g. EKS) in production
- Hands on experience in setting up auto-scaling for Kubernetes & EMR clusters
- Experience with monitoring and APM tools, e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, ELK/EFK, NewRelic, StageMonitor, etc.
- Understanding of relation and non-relational databases such as Cassandra, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge on cross cutting software development libraries (code coverage, unit testing, security testing, logging, instrumentation etc..)
- Good understanding of Agile software development framework
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification is a plus
Nice to Have
- 1-2 years of working experience on any service mesh, preferably Istio
- 1-2 years of experience on working and operating clusters for Big data technologies like EMR, Kafka, Dremio, Elasticsearch etc..
- Experience in deploying and operating data & ML pipelines and working with Data platform & ML teams.
- Knowledge of some programming language and OOP.
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/