Summer Associate/Legal Intern
Work hard and have fun working with Model N’s legal department! If you are a law student with a desire to work in-house for a SaaS company, this is the summer internship for you. We are looking for a bright, motivated, flexible individual who exercises sound judgment, asks thoughtful questions, creates solutions, and can complete assignments while working independently or as part of a team.
During your internship you will:
- Review NDAs, SOWs, vendor and commercial contracts.
- Assist with the negotiation of these contracts.
- Update legal databases and position documents.
- Become familiar with the operational tools used by the legal department.
- Learn how the legal department fits into the daily life of an enterprise software company.
- Provide advice to salespeople and other internal stakeholders.
- Update agreement templates and identify process improvements.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracting and intellectual property issues.
- Able to work proactively as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Strong drafting, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in learning how an in-house legal department operates.
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor.
This internship is expected to be 10 weeks in length. Our ideal candidate will have completed his or her 2nd year of at an ABA certified law school. Internships are also available to recent graduates within one year of graduation.
About Model N:
Model N (NYSE: MODN) is the leader in revenue management solutions. Driving mission-critical business processes such as configure, price and quote (CPQ), contract and rebate management, business intelligence, and regulatory compliance, Model N solutions transform the revenue lifecycle from a series of disjointed operations into a strategic end-to-end process. With deep industry expertise, Model N supports the complex business needs of the world’s leading brands in pharmaceutical, medical device, high-tech manufacturing, and semiconductor across more than 100 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Microchip Technology and ON Semiconductor. For more information, visit www.modeln.com. Model N® is the registered trademark of Model N, Inc. Any other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.