Senior Technical Documentation Writer (Product Documentation)
- Agile Maturity: Show capabilities of self-organizing and be a cross functional scrum team member. Able to quickly achieve a consistent velocity. Help team complete the stories and achieve sprint goals, even if the tasks are not directly related to your role.
- Exhibit excellent information design skills to achieve consistency across a documentation set
- Develop and deliver documentation (user references, developer guides, release notes, etc) for Model N applications
- Improve the depth and quality of the documentation set based on feedback from internal and external customers
- Participate and contribute to documentation development activities from estimation, planning & scheduling through to product rollout.
- Meet deadlines and produce high quality documents while adhering to the Agile process and Model N styles and standards. Successfully prioritize and work on several projects in parallel
- Display ability to adjust estimates to reflect the changed conditions. Proactively communicate changes that may affect the schedule Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of product Think from the end-user perspective.
- Graduate/Postgraduate in English/Journalism/Communication with a good understanding of software or, a B.E./B.Tech/Master of Computer Applications degree
- 7 plus year’s experience writing for business-user and developer audiences
- Excellent written and communication skills and a strong attention to detail as demonstrated through writing samples (portfolio is required for consideration)
- Ability to write for an average USA reader (excellent understanding of US English)
- Self-starter with a track record of being able to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision Be able to document aspects from scratch or from SME inputs
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a globally-distributed team
- Expertise with industry-standard tools such as Adobe Frame Maker and Acrobat Professional, MS Office, etc
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N