Our Finance Team:
The finance team is not a back-office function. Our role is equally balanced between strategy and operations. Like many finance teams, we collaborate deeply with HR, legal, and IT to ensure strong operational excellence so that the trains always run on-time in a rapidly scaling company. Business partnership is core to how we work. Arguably, how we work and partner with others is more important than what we do each day. Our team continues to earn our seat at the table by leveraging our relationships and delivering data driven insight. It is expected finance will continue to own a significant role in scaling Model N as a SaaS company.
The Role: SEC Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the management of the Company’s external reporting process, including SEC filings; as well as, researching all technical accounting topics.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely management of all SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, etc.)
- Prepare all financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management’s discussion and analysis (MD&A) and compensation discussion and analysis (CD&A) for SEC filings
- Serve as the subject matter expert on U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations for the preparation and filing of SEC reports and technical memorandums for company files.
- Perform ad hoc research and special projects related to a wide range of accounting and financial reporting issues, including equity and debt transactions, stock-based compensation, consolidation accounting with foreign entities and multiple currencies.
- Ensure that the company’s SOX processes are being followed, keeping SOX documentation up to date for responsible areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 5 to 8 years of related experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently
- Perform consistently with a sense of urgency and commitment
- Ability to ensure confidentiality, take initiative and exercise considerable judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior members of the finance team, including the CFO
About Model N:
Model N is the leader in revenue management solutions. Driving mission-critical business processes such as configure, price and quote (CPQ), contract and rebate management, business intelligence, and regulatory compliance, Model N solutions transform the revenue lifecycle from a series of disjointed operations into a strategic end-to-end process. With deep industry expertise, Model N supports the complex business needs of the world’s leading brands in pharmaceutical, medical device, high-tech manufacturing, and semiconductor across more than 100 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Microchip Technology and ON Semiconductor. For more information, visit www.modeln.com. Model N® is the registered trademark of Model N, Inc. Any other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.