Director, Strategic Finance
Model N is hiring a Director, Strategic Finance who will be a part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team. As the leader of our Strategic Finance team, you will play a critical role leading a team that combines strategy, analytics, and financial analyses to enable the company to scale successfully. Strategic Finance takes on a range of projects that includes operational consulting, financial planning and analysis, capital raising, strategic problem-solving, and financial system automation development. You will collaborate with various stakeholders to build robust analyses on Recurring Revenue, Product ASPs, Expense and Margin drivers that helps Mode N achieve long-term growth at scale. You will be expected to define and report on insightful financial metrics that enable executives to make data driven business decisions. What you will bring: You're excited to share your FP&A, SaaS, and public company experience. Developing others would be a joy and your prior management track record sets you up to continue to build the best and brightest team.
- Manage and mentor a high performing team of Sales Finance professionals
- Drive global long range planning process inclusive of the annual revenue plan and rolling 3-year forecast. Includes the full spectrum of the Subscription and Professional Services Revenue forecast. Drive appropriate behavior within the Go-To-Market and PS organizations around planning.
- Drive the improvement of finance automation systems that will allow the company to scale efficiently.
- Develop and track critical financial and operating metrics for the exec team, investors and others; communicate actionable insights to help provide insights to business performance including CAC, sales productivity, pipeline velocity, etc.
- Be a strategic partner for specific departments to help solve complex problems and be the main point of analytical/consulting help.
- Create and build complex financial models and analyses, including competitive analysis, gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Partner in the production of and review of materials for Board updates and participate in setting external revenue targets.
- Be an influencer and thought leader in strategic and operational decision-making, leveraging partnering skills and data decision support frameworks.
- Work exceptionally well cross functionally across stakeholder groups; Revenue, Legal, Sales Ops, order management, to help facilitate deal approvals and closure.
- 10+ years of experience in a global Finance or Revenue role
- SaaS and software industry experience required.
- Bachelor’s in accounting, Economics, or Finance; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience growing and developing a high-performance team.
- Experience with M&A related analysis and integration
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Able to operate on multiple levels of abstraction, from strategy to execution, be business-minded and collaborative.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- Exceptional business partner with ability to work cross functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Technically sound, systems savvy with advanced skills in Excel modeling, PowerPoint; proficiency with ERP (NetSuite), CRM (Salesforce), and BI tools (Adaptive Insights) a plus
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Colorado Residents: Model N considers a wide range of compensation factors, including job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills and qualifications. These considerations can cause compensation to vary. The Director, Sales Finance role starts at a minimum annual salary of $141,972 base pay to $174,305. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in either our employee bonus program or commission payments depending on the nature of the role. Model N employees also have the opportunity to become Model N shareholders through equity grants and a discount when purchasing Model N stock. Model N offers benefits that support an individual and participating dependents' wellbeing with health, vision, dental, Paid Time Off (PTO) and flexible spending accounts for eligible employees. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Learn more about Model N benefits on our career page: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Equal Opportunity Statement
Model N values diversity at our company and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Model N considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.