Senior Member of Technical Staff 1 (Java Platform Developer)
- Analyze user needs & develop technical software solutions for middle tier and information integration layer of product, including requirements gathering, design, modeling, development, testing, deployment and documentation.
- Take ownership of solution development and drive design and development of software solutions, collaborating with all stakeholders of the release consisting of Product Management, Development, Testing, Documentation and support team.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develop deep understanding of various platform modules, including business domain knowledge. Demonstrate the end-to-end scenarios/use-cases for these platform modules.
- Push the boundaries for our platform in both technology architecture, ease of developing features/products and extensibility.
- Take initiative to study, analyze and recommend innovative technology components that help differentiate our products.
- Provide technical leadership and be hands-on to design and implement new technology solutions to integrate existing/new data assets or solve business problems in our products in a scalable manner.
- Collaborate with the team to design development standards and methodologies.
- Ensure engineering process is followed for each release supported by epic/story grooming, estimation, design specs, unit/integration tests, code reviews etc.
- Work with management and technical support to swiftly address any high priority issues and release fixes.
- Build team strength by knowledge sharing and providing challenging opportunities to improve/extend skills.
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills. (Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms Development)
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in designing, developing and sustaining critical platform components/services.
- Experience with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Experience with microservices and event-based architecture
- Experience with streaming frameworks like Kafka
- Well versed with RESTful Services
- Familiarity with AWS technologies.
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech (Only)
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Experience in search engine concepts like Apache SOLR, Elastic search
- Familiarity with other cloud vendor services, like Azure, GCS technologies.
- Good understanding of enterprise software product development and SDLC
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high-tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom, and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/