Senior Director, Program Management
Model N is hiring a Senior Director, Program Management to lead the agile focused Program Management Office (PMO), supporting the R&D organization to ensure efficient, predictable and quality delivery of product releases and other cross-functional strategic initiatives. We are looking for someone who is not only a talented leader, but who also has solid technical depth and is a strong strategic thinker. This leader will partner with key business, R&D, and operational teams to lead some of the most complex and impactful technology initiatives at Model N.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product Success, you will build and lead a team of Technical Program Managers to scale internal systems and agile processes across product and engineering teams to deliver quality products on time. You will be responsible for program managing multiple strategic cross-functional initiatives that include, but not limited to, the following lifecycle activities: product requirements, product development, training, product delivery, engineering productivity and enablement programs, and strategic customer POC engagements.
This is a highly visible role across the organization, and we are looking for someone who has the ability to build trust and partnerships in product, engineering, customer support, and Go to Market functions.
- Build and lead a best-in-class Technical Program Management organization by hiring, mentoring, and developing talent.
- Manage a talented team of geographically distributed Technical Program Managers and lead the predictable delivery of releases and initiatives, with superior product quality.
- Advance program management best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of the program management function with a focus on continuous improvement
- Enable transparency, dependency management, and de-risking execution through enterprise agile best practices and program frameworks
- Develop planning and reporting mechanisms that are scalable (e.g. Program Increment (PI) planning, capacity planning, etc.)
- Drive portfolio level program planning, including cross-functional resource planning, financial, due diligence and capacity assessments
- Champion continuous improvement in processes and systems to improve predictability and quality by leveraging appropriate KPIs
- Track program progress and status with data-driven metrics. Drive simple but powerful automated reporting that can ultimately be used for daily management
- Evangelist for change management at all levels of the organization including executive leadership
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional peers and senior leaders/stakeholders to resolve program issues, drive mitigation plans, and influence decisions across multiple tracks.
- Enable transparency and decision-making by driving communication and action around technical risks, mitigation strategies, expectations, priorities and schedules for programs and roadmaps.
- Manage executive stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields or equivalent practical experience. Certifications a plus: PMP, PgMP, Agile Scrum Master Certification Preferred (CSM or PSM)
- 10+ years of experience as a technical program manager, driving and delivering complex cross-functional programs, software releases, and large global programs at SaaS, Enterprise Software companies
- People management experience of 5+ years of leading/managing/hiring TPM teams
- 5+ years of experience in Agile transformation and working knowledge of various agile methodologies. Bonus points for delivery experience with SAFe.
- Experience in driving large releases/programs from planning to launch. Experience managing large-scale product and technology transformation programs preferred.
- Familiar with program management systems and tools to analyze, plan and manage competing demands (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, eazyBI, etc.)
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Equal Opportunity Statement
Model N values diversity at our company and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Model N considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.