Java Technical Manager
Our Technical Managers are true technologists with an understanding of a broad range of technologies who understand how to leverage the skills of their team to build great things. As such, they are the influencers and leaders of one or more agile engineering delivery teams. They are key participants in the delivery organization management team, overseeing the work of Technical Leads and development team(s), mobile application software developers, backend software developers, DevOps engineers, and software quality assurance engineers across the business. Our Technical Managers take ownership of Design and User Stories supplied by UX and Architecture teams at the beginning of the project, and become the recognized expert of required feature functionality for the project. They work closely with Project Managers to maintain realistic task schedules for which all technical resources are prepared and available to meet delivery deadlines. Our Technical Managers are heavily client-facing and are able to build a solid relationship with the client to guide them through the technical aspects of the project.
· Analyzing new requirements
· Leading the development team
· Provide guidance to platform Tech Leads
· Coaching and mentoring colleagues on the development team
· Interacting and working with client, stakeholders, architects, developers, testers and operations teams
· Deployment of code, database migrations, and a thorough understanding the impact of changes in the production environment
· Ability to thoroughly understand system and application architectures and update / augment as needed
· Native & Hybrid Mobile Application Development
· Back End Development
· Web Development
· Solid understanding of AWS Cloud Infrastructure
· Understand the challenges of creating solutions that work across multiple platforms
· Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle Preferred)
· Experience with Git or other similar version control systems
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 2-3 years experience leading a development or product team
· AWS certification
· Ability to lead and work with a team of size 6-10 members.
· Ability to mentor, motivate, and encourage the team members.
· Able to break down and communicate complex technical concepts and information concisely and in an easy-to-understand way.
· Effective at building relationships with the client, development teams, and Mobiquity team members.
· Ability to maintain the team’s focus on quality using metrics, standards, and best practices.
· Experience in handling or managing customer interactions and deliverables.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
· Excels at collaboration, problem solving, and facilitation skills