Principal Java Backend Engineer
Please note that this opportunity is only open to candidates already living in Europe, due to the current situation with the Covid-19. Thank you for your understanding.
Founded in 2011, Mobiquity provides end-to-end omnichannel digital consulting services to leading B2B and B2C brands (HealthCare, Banking, IoT, Big Data, and cutting edge Web & Mobile Applications). With over 750 employees spread across the USA, Europe, and India, 40 different nationalities combined; we create compelling digital experiences to help our clients create the best human-centric products. Our key competencies include Strategy, Design, Product Engineering, Analytics, and Cloud Services. Each day, 50 million users interact with our solutions.
Our teams are inspired by technology but it doesn’t rule them. We love to learn, we are curious by nature and driven to make a mark. Working at Mobiquity means that sometimes you’ll be working outside your comfort zone, and you’ll work with smart people, possibly some that are even smarter than you. We value people that judge their success by the success of the team and the happiness of customers.
We’re also proud to be an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner.
What you’ll be doing
- Work across multiple projects (sometimes also at customer side)
- Be a good team player
- Take software architectural decisions together with the technical and solution architects
- Be fully Involved in hands-on development: using Java as the main programming language, plus Spring, Hibernate and other open source technologies
- Coach less experienced team members
What it takes to excel in this role
- 7+ years industry experience as a software engineer (specifically as a backend)
- Java 11+/Kotlin
- AWS or Azure
- Test frameworks for TDD and BDD
- Understanding about system design patterns
- Experience in agile software development (XP, Scrum Kanban etc)
- Understanding about SDLC optimisation and automation (Git, Jenkins, SonarQube etc)
- SQL (SQL Server, PostgreSQL etc) and noSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase etc) database experience
- Message broker experience for pub sub and queueing technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka etc)
- Container management (Docker, Kubernetes etc)
- Consultancy skills
- English has no secrets for you
- Technical leadership experience
- Typescript, Python, .Net
- Data Science experience
- Experience with Software Security and Network Security
- People management is a plus, however coding and software engineering is the central work for this role.
And if you have a passion for technology, then we’re looking for you!
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays
- Pension plan
- Travel costs compensation
- Training via our Mobiquity Academy
- Health insurance compensation (€100,- per month)
- Free fruits, Friday breakfast, lunch and afternoon drinks, and lots of fun in the office including a game room with pool & ping pong table, Xbox…
- A challenging learning environment and cool creative and innovative projects
- When you are not working at a client’s location, join us in our Amsterdam office
- We invest in your growth, success, and happiness, and celebrate the world-class work you produce
- We are famous for our healthy work-life balance and being really flexible.
For candidates from outside of The Netherlands, we offer a relocation package including support in obtaining a knowledge migrant work permit, 30% tax ruling application, finding rental accommodation and a flight ticket.
Do you have what it takes? Follow our instructions below to apply.
After giving your consent in the section below, please upload your resume and details. Have questions before applying? Please address them to our recruiter Aydan - [email protected]