Regional OSP Engineer
REGIONAL OSP ENGINEER
San Francisco Bay Area
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
The Regional OSP Engineer will take a lead role in managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure, including engineering and operational requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts. Manage all fiber construction related activities in the assigned region. Aspects of the role will include the hiring and management of project specific vendors in the region, enforcement of Mobilitie standards, quality assurance compliance, vendor management, and ensuring that construction meets the highest standards for Mobilitie and its clients. The Regional OSP Engineer will be knowledgeable of the various construction codes, requirements and guidelines, and will ensure that they are upheld.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform construction and maintenance of OSP infrastructure according to industry standards
- Coordinate initial site walks to identify equipment space and verify constructability
- Write Engineering Scope of Work and submit RFQ to approved vendors
- Evaluate Engineering vendor proposals qualifications, comparison to scopes of work, completeness, accuracy, and pricing. Ensure that proposals meet all appropriate requirements defined in the RFQ
- Review Engineering design and BOMs for fiber plan to establish construction budget baseline
- Write construction Scope of Work and submit RFQ to approved vendors
- Conduct bid walks with construction vendors to review engineering design, construction RFQ, and answer contractor questions
- Evaluate construction proposals from vendors to review vendor qualifications, comparison of scopes of work, completeness, and accuracy of BOMs, and pricing. Ensure that proposals meet all appropriate requirements defined in the RFQ
- Create internal Professional Service Order and PO to vendor
- Evaluate Lease Exhibit drawings, Construction Drawings, and other A&E services for accuracy and completion
- On-site Management of contractors during the construction process, ensuring the work conforms with the scope of work, jurisdiction permit, and documentation identified in RFQ
- Assure all required Close Out documents are provided, are accurate as defined in the construction RFQ, and jurisdiction permit(s) is closed
- Receive vendor invoice and process for payment
- Perform route analysis and develop aerial and underground fiber route maps
- Handle fiber verification and mapping activities
- Develop mitigation and restoration procedures for emergencies conditions such as fiber damages, power failures and other disasters
- Maintain project QA procedures and ensure that site safety requirements are upheld and documented per contactor Job Safety Analysis (JSA) daily form
- Perform routine inspection of OSP networks – route surveillance
- Recognize vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and make intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction from an accredited University and three to seven (3-7) years of experience managing large-scale fiber projects
- Knowledge of and experience in working with construction contracts and competitive bidding procedures
- Must have the ability to read and interpret fiber Power Meter and OTDR test results
- Proficiency with CAD and other software packages to develop engineering designs
- Must have the ability to read and understand CD’s, structural analysis and iBwave schematics
- Experience in civil construction, zoning, permitting and other land use matters is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and facilitate multiple projects simultaneously, balance ongoing duties with several special projects and perform accurately and professionally under pressure with very short deadlines
- Willing/able to travel as needed
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, OSPInsight and iBwave
- Skilled negotiator including the ability to take direction or resolve issues independently
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!