At Mixbook, our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. We provide our customers creative flexibility with our powerful design editor, allowing consumers to create beautiful, one-of-a-kind photo goods that capture the people and moments that matter most to them. With more than 18,000 5-star reviews to show for it, we’re committed to providing a delightful experience to our customers every step of the way. We’re seeking a creative visionary with a passion for beautiful design that lives and breathes our mission and brings a deep understanding of design practices that support our brand, strategy and drives the business forward.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional design leader, highly collaborative and a steward of beautiful design. He/She must have an eye for great talent, building, mentoring and managing a team of UI/UX, graphic and print/production designers along with coordinating the activities of various contractors and design partners. He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills, fiscal and people management, and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual has extensive UX experience, with passion for design and research, understanding and defining the needs and behaviors of customers. He/She will also work with the product teams and key brand stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into exceptional designs serving the needs of our customers. At Mixbook, you will have the opportunity to lead our talented well-rounded design team, developing their brand and design skills, driving the creative direction of the company.
- Develop and champion the strategy and vision of Mixbook’s creative in support of the overall brand and marketing objectives
- Drive and direct creative strategy and deliverables of multi-channel campaigns, leading creative efforts across all channels and devices, with a deep understanding of digital design.
- Lead the strategic design direction throughout the product life cycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables. Push the boundaries for innovation and creativity cross-functionally.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators for design teams and partners to enable ongoing, best-in-class performance.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of designers, various contractors, and design partners across marketing, production, site, and product.
- Track, evaluate and recommend design trends and translate into Mixbook product designs and user experience.
- Complete regular design competitive analysis of the photo products marketplace.
- Continuously promote and evolve the Brand Style Guide, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints.
- Be the leader in creative discipline, setting the example for creative excellence.
- Deep collaboration with the product teams throughout the product life cycle to ensure Mixbook’s UI/UX designs are addressing both user and business needs. This includes participating in research, testing, delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- 8+ years experience. Retail eCommerce experience is a plus.
- Master of the UI/UX lifecycle with deep experience defining user experience, interaction design, user research, and design principles.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating print, interaction and visual design experience across brand, web, mobile web and native apps.
- Experience providing oversight of product planning, marketing programs, and simultaneously coordinating multiple smaller initiatives and teams.
- Solid knowledge of design, repository, story and backlog management tools and resources (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Basecamp, Leankit, github, etc.)
- Experience managing to a budget; driving and reporting on continuous productivity and performance improvements.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Art, Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or User Experience; or demonstrated equivalent experience.