Product Design Lead
We are looking for our first Product Design Lead - a strategic role that will report to our Chief Product Officer and work closely with our CEO and Co-Founder to design the future of Mixbook’s customer experience. You will oversee a design team across multiple channels while helping design new features for enhancements and support the launch of new products.
At Mixbook, our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. We are an award-winning online photo product company that leverages a powerful and fun product experience to help people create and print beautifully crafted, unique, and truly personalized photo books, cards, calendars, and wall art.
Mixbook is #1 rated in photo books with nearly 23,000 verified 5-star reviews. Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
At Mixbook, we believe photos matter, and that each photo project tells a story of life's most precious and meaningful memories. Join us in helping our customers memorialize these joyous moments forever.
- Think outside the box
- Get the most of what you have
- Attack challenges with grit and tenacity
- Treat others as you want to be treated (Golden Rule)
- Be open and authentic
- Go out of your way to show care and empathy
- Love what you do, do what you love, do it well
- Give it you all
- Always be improving
Mixbook is seeking an experienced Product Design Lead to join our growing Product Leadership Team. Our goal is to make it easy for customers to unlock the joy in their photos by helping to get those photos into stunning custom products they won’t ever want to put down. You will partner closely with product management, engineering, data analysis, and design teams to make smart decisions and define the user experience, interactions, and interface.
What You’ll Do
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Help shape the product strategy and vision
- Bring ideas to life through UX, visual design, prototyping, and storytelling to communicate your vision to the team
- Define our user experience to develop strategies and roadmaps that help our customers create
- Collaborate with product development teams to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses and refine user experience decisions
- Facilitate alignment with stakeholders and team members of all levels within the organization including our offshore team of developers
- Provide mentorship and guidance to UX, UI, and visual designers
- 8+ years of experience in product design building high-quality consumer products
- 3+ years of experience in overseeing designers
- Deep knowledge of common design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Invision, etc.) and prototyping tools (e.g. Webflow, Framer, After Effects, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to work cross-functionally with various stakeholders and offshore developers
- A portfolio of design projects that showcase a consistent ability in UX, visual design, product thinking, and storytelling
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced, experimental, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment
- A competitive salary, equity, and perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO policy and flexible schedules
- Annual stipends for learning & development
- Fully-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options