Chief Product Officer
The Chief Product Officer role at Mixbook is a fantastic opportunity to be a key business partner among the Executive Team. You will lead the way of how we delight our customers through continuous innovation, testing, and analysis to help them create products to solve needs they never imagined. You must be an inspiring leader and communicator, capable of articulating and presenting a clear and compelling vision as part of the senior leadership team.
At Mixbook, our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. We are an award-winning online photo product company that leverages a powerful and fun product experience to help people create and print beautifully crafted, unique, and truly personalized photo books, cards, calendars, and wall art.
Mixbook is #1 rated in photo books with nearly 23,000 verified 5-star reviews. Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
At Mixbook, we believe photos matter, and that each photo project tells a story of life's most precious and meaningful memories. Join us in helping our customers memorialize these joyous moments forever.
- Think outside the box
- Get the most of what you have
- Attack challenges with grit and tenacity
- Treat others as you want to be treated (Golden Rule)
- Be open and authentic
- Go out of your way to show care and empathy
- Love what you do, do what you love, do it well
- Give it you all
- Always be improving
The Chief Product Officer will be a member of the executive team and a key business partner to the Chief Executive Officer and senior management team. As part of the team, you will create and oversee the product roadmap for current and future Mixbook product offerings, with the goal of creating exciting consumer products and around collecting, preserving, and sharing precious memories. The role is critical to defining the future product and service offerings and overall company strategy. This person and their team will become the experts on Mixbook’s customers, understanding them deeply and creating products to solve the needs they never imagined.
What You’ll Do
- Define, articulate, and execute product and design vision and company strategy
- Gain and share insights with other leadership team members to continue improving the product and the business
- Lead and present to senior management regularly - at least quarterly - analyses of Mixbook’s product portfolio to optimize allocation of the company’s investment based on KPIs and financial measurements of our product
- Build and manage a world-class product team - inclusive of product managers and UX designers - along with a passionate and inspired customer-driven product culture
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams
- Define product requirements and overall roadmaps of the business with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Hire, mentor, and manage teams who will drive forward Mixbook’s mission and an ever-expanding product vision around improved access, convenience, quality, and privacy
- Drive innovation and scalable processes around the product development cycle
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and feature and determine necessary enhancements
- Work closely with Mixbook’s Engineering and Operations teams around release scope and priorities, delivery estimates, and product release processes
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of consumer product management, packaged goods, and shipping processes and standards
- Proven to be passionate about the customer and demonstrated experience at building a relationship with the customer
- Experience at having partnered successfully with founders and / or CEOs who themselves also have a strong product lineage and / or vision
- Believer in healthy conflict who easily navigates through disagreements and helps other reach win-win resolutions and productive conclusions
- A true growth-stage leader - one who loves that everyday is different where no task is too small; an entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful