EV Powertrain Manager
We are Mitsubishi Motors R & D of America, Inc. (MRDA). We provide research, design input and testing for Mitsubishi brand vehicles sold in the United States. Our cars provide a unique blend of spirited performance, inspired design, and cutting edge technology. Mitsubishi vehicles are also a reflection of the creativity and diversity of our employees who are a spirited group of individuals. They look for something different, something unique, something that stands out... And they find it here at Mitsubishi Motors. We are looking for a EV Powertrain Manager
The primary responsibility is to lead a group of engineers to execute EV Powertrain programs. The position will plan resources, manage projects, report issues, and ensure that consistent high-quality work is delivered per internal processes. The manager also guides employee career development, and will perform all other departmental duties, as directed, or assigned.
A representation of the responsibilities is outlined below:
- Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the operations of the EV powertrain group.
- Lead a group of engineers to develop and deliver EV Powertrain programs that achieve performance and drivability targets.
- Supervise the EV Powertrain benchmarking activities to improve energy efficiency, drivability and emissions.
- Align with Mitsubishi Motor’s development processes and methodologies, and continuously improve them to yield high quality work.
- Direct the in-field investigation, troubleshooting & root cause analysis of Mitsubishi Motors vehicle issues related to EV Powertrain.
- Plan department annual goals, resources and timeline, manage work, and report status, issues, and risks to senior management team.
- Provide technical oversight to your engineering team, including evaluations of engineering issues and risk assessment.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the department in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Prepare, manage and report on the annual department budget.
- Four-year degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET Accredited University.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on xEV Calibration experience on battery, e-motor or xEV systems
- Minimum 5 years prior experience leading a group of Engineers in developing xEV programs.
- Experience with MATLAB / Simulink or C programming language.
- Willing to travel up to 20% for development testing.
- Proficient in ETAS INCA and/ or ATI Vision calibration tools.
- Master of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical or equivalent from an ABET Accredited University.
- xEV controls experience (Battery, e-Motor, system optimization)
- Hands on competitive benchmarking experience
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. If you require reasonable accommodation at any point in the selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.