Sr Specialist, Communication and Events
Mitsubishi Motors is looking for a Sr. Specialist, Communications and Events. The perfect person for the role will be a process-driven creative mind who will question the status quo, possess a desire to be a part of the “new” Mitsubishi, thrive in the face of challenges and adversity, and never stop challenging. Someone with a passion for swim-lanes and processes, yet who also has an eye toward a future of creating corporate communications messaging. Work hand-in-glove with the Sr Director, Communications and Events, to incorporate a blend of internal and external events, and in all aspects and at all times, this role will act as a brand cheerleader.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in creating and maintaining budgets and purchase orders, invoice processing, accruals, contract and service agreement creation and tracking, and event planning.
Salary Range up to $75K depending on experience
A representation of the responsibilities is outlined below:
- Prepare and route master service agreements, purchase orders, scope of work documents, legal service requests, Executive Committee documents, etc
- Participate in the budget creation process and monitor and manage ongoing budget spend across communications and events program departments. Produce and process budget and billing documents and accruals, in cooperation and conjunction with the finance team. Absolute accuracy is critical in these aspects, and knowledge of financial procedures and processes is necessary
- Manage and execute communications strategies in support of key company objectives that elevate the product and brand internally
- Serve as key resource for project information; interface and collaborate with internal and external teams as necessary to complete assignments
- Work in concert with others to manage and execute logistics, project timelines, content and communications for consumer-, media-, employee and dealer-facing events that include auto-shows, ride-and-drives, press reveals, employee CSR and team events, and dealer National Advisory Board meetings
- In partnership with the Senior Director and external PR agency partner, assist in the development of product and brand communications including press releases, messaging, executive remarks and newsletters for internal and external audiences
- Create, implement and oversee internal communications programs that effectively support and promote Mitsubishi Motors and its vehicles. Work with internal and external stakeholders in HR and marketing to tell unique brand stories and support current and future vehicles, all to drive increased employee engagement and passion.
- Create and manage all department metrics: media monitoring and reporting; metrics projects, including creation, managing and reporting of KPIs; create action plans to meet or exceed KPI targets; work closely with external PR agency and tracking organization.
- In concert with the external PR agency, oversee the management of national press fleet including inventory, vehicle maintenance and media loans
- Participate in industry relations activities and media events as needed
- Manage and liaise with communications and events partner agencies
- Must thrive on working under short timelines and show a genuine interest and passion for the industry and knowledge of current and emerging trends
Note: The above description is only a list of representative duties. As a member of a small team, the successful candidate will be able and wants to “wear many hats,” jump in where needed, enjoys learning about business operations and contributing to the Company’s success.
Location of Position
This position is in the Franklin, TN area and the successful candidate must be in Franklin, TN. While this role will require some presence in the office, it will be a hybrid role with ability to work from home an average of 3/4 days per week.
Position Requirements and “Nice to Haves”:
- 3-5 years of corporate experience with exposure to corporate policies and procedures
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, Journalism or another field related to the business need
- Superior organizational skills and absolute attention to detail
- Willingness and confidence to learn the Mitsubishi Way.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven experience in event planning, management, budgeting
- Unparalleled communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong and confident presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while delivering perfect results
- Ability to work alongside a wide variety of personalities and work with various stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Must possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
- Must be equally able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Must be an energetic individual with a self-confident and outgoing personality
- Must have experience managing and securing sensitive and confidential information
- Strong understanding of the media landscape
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Periodic domestic travel (less than 10%) may be necessary
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, vision
- Wellness program
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Professional growth and development programs, including tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle lease and purchase programs
- Open & collaborative work environment
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. If you require reasonable accommodation at any point in the selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.