We are Mitsubishi Motors R & D of America, Inc. (MRDA). We provide research, design input and testing for Mitsubishi brand vehicles sold in the United States. Our cars provide a unique blend of spirited performance, inspired design, and cutting-edge technology. Mitsubishi vehicles are also a reflection of the creativity and diversity of our employees who are a spirited group of individuals. They look for something different, something unique, something that stands out... And they find it here at Mitsubishi Motors. We are looking for an Entry Level Vehicle Test Engineer who wants to learn multiple Engineering Disciplines.
The Entry Level Vehicle Test Engineer will be trained to perform vehicle level subjective and objective evaluations. The elements include both vehicle and electrical evaluations: Vehicle - Competitor Vehicle Assessment, Vehicle Confirmation / Performance (Hot / Cold Testing), Ride and Handling Performance, and Mileage Accumulation; Electrical - Vehicle Electronics and Active Safety (ADAS), Engine control, Telematics and Infotainment. Act as the voice of the U.S. customer. Also, will include conducting research on market trends, benchmarking competitors, attending conferences, making conclusions, and presenting recommendations for future vehicle changes. Perform all other departmental duties, as directed, or assigned.
Candidate Will Get Exposure to The Following Vehicle Engineering Disciplines:
- Research, development, and testing of vehicle systems confirmation / vehicle electronics of all Mitsubishi vehicles as well as designated vehicles in the NA market
- Experience in performing vehicle level evaluations, including instrumenting vehicles and using data acquisition systems (temperature, noise level, CAN data, etc.)
- Perform vehicle benchmarking / competitive assessments and provide recommendations for future Mitsubishi vehicles
- Experience driving vehicles under different conditions and the ability to identify issues or areas for potential improvement (ride & handling, NVH, ride comfort, vehicle systems functionality, other performance issues)
- Investigating field and vehicle issues using troubleshooting skills, root cause determination
- Evaluate vehicle advanced electronic systems related to ADAS, Telematics, Infotainment and related ECUs
- Perform benchmarking / market research on vehicle attributes (features and market trends for ADAS, Telematics, Infotainment, vehicle content and other vehicle systems)
- Perform software updates and reflash vehicle systems, ECUs as instructed
- Work with automotive suppliers in the testing of hardware and software
- Report and log issues, including track files and necessary steps to recreate
- Generate metrics and reports to monitor project status.
- Ensure status and communication reports are detailed, comprehensive and accurate
- Travel domestically / internationally when needed to perform testing, investigate field issues, or attend conferences / meetings
- Perform tasks assigned by the lead engineer or the manager
- Perform all necessary testing activities within assigned project
- Interface with a variety of groups including Powertrain engineering, Safety engineering, Purchasing, and Regulatory
- Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record. Should possess excellent driving skills
- Capable of summarizing data into detailed, comprehensive, and accurate test reports
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills
- Must be willing to travel to domestic / international locations to support internal and external customers and vehicle tests
- Must be willing to work over 40 hours when required, including nights and weekends at different environmental conditions (e.g. Sunny, Cold, Snow, Rain, etc.)
- Able to work in a regional and global team environment and be flexible with changing priorities
- Able to multitask to meet project timing (time management skills)
- A passion for vehicles and a desire to learn several of these disciplines: Competitor Assessment, Vehicle Confirmation (Hot / Cold Testing), Ride and Handling Performance, and High Mileage Accumulation; Vehicle Electronics, Telematics, Multimedia, Navigation, and Active Safety (ADAS).
- Relevant Co-op experience is a plus but not required