Jr. Tax Analyst
Are you interested in starting a career in Tax? We might have the right opportunity for you!
Mitsubishi Motors North America is looking for a Jr. Tax Analyst to support our tax team. As the Jr. Tax Analyst, you will ensure timely compliance with federal and state requirements related, but not limited to, income tax, franchise, property, annual report, business license and other tax matters for MMNA and subsidiaries. You'll research and analyze federal and state corporate income, franchise and property tax issues, assist in federal and state income and franchise tax audits and prepare monthly income tax reconciliations of MMNA and subsidiaries.
Salary Range: $50k - $60k depending on prior education and experience.
A representation of the job responsibilities are outlined below:
- Prepare federal and state estimated tax payments and extensions.
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Prepare state license returns and property tax renditions.
- Review assessed property taxes and ensure timely payment.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure compliance with other federal, state and local laws, etc.
- Assist in the completion of 1099 reporting, Form 1042, FINCEN, and other requirements that may be imposed by tax agencies.
- Review tax calendar and ensure that deadlines are complied with and update status of assigned tasks and notices.
- Review, research and draft responses to correspondence/notices from state and local taxing authorities.
- Prepare claims for tax refunds, maintain tax records, and prepare routine and special tax reports, as assigned.
- Prepare DocuSign check payments for tasks assigned requiring payments.
- Assist in federal, state and local income franchise and property and tax audits.
- Assist in internal tax audits and compliance with internal controls.
- Assist in coordinating annual roll over of the tax software, and ensure accuracy of information transferred.
- Update, maintain and organize tax records and filings.
- Assist in responding to ad hoc requests
- Learn the work of the other Analysts and serve as back up in their absence.
- Regular attendance at work or remote (as permitted by supervisor) on a regular full-time schedule of at least eight (8) hours daily and 40 hours per week.
Note: The above description is only a list of representative duties. As a member of a small team, the successful candidate will be someone who is looking for a long term career in tax, and will be willing to “wear many hats,” jump in where needed, and enjoys contributing to the Company’s success.
Location of Position
This position is located in Franklin, Tennessee (the greater Nashville area) and the successful candidate must be located in TN. Upon completion of new hire onboarding, this position will be a hybrid role with ability to work from home an average of 3 days per week.
Qualifications & "Nice to Have's":
- BS/BA in Accounting/Business/Finance or related field or equivalent specific education or experience in tax compliance
- One to five (1 - 5) years of tax experience in a large or medium multinational corporation
- Accounting experience with a “big 4” firm a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) status a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Corptax or equivalent tax return preparation software a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Teams and Outlook.
- Ability to respond calmly if a stressful business condition arises while effectively managing multiple priorities and continue to meet stated deadlines while delivering quality results.
- Ability to communicate with employees in all areas of the Company and at all levels; ability to educate and proactively influence others
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter, experienced and able to work without significant oversight, but also eager to learn, willing to “pitch in” where needed and try new things.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, vision
- Wellness program
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Professional growth and development programs, including tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle lease and purchase programs
- Open & collaborative work environment
MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. If you require reasonable accommodation at any point in the selection process, please direct your inquiries to your recruiter.