iOS Software Development Engineer
Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
The iOS Software Development Engineer, will join an agile team developing software solutions for Mitel’s Cloud Communications platform. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with extreme customer focus and able to see the big picture when developing high quality solutions in a cross functional environment with strong engineering control processes and practices. We are looking for someone who has a great positive attitude who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a dynamic organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team of talented and dedicated people who are working on the latest technologies, then consider a career at Mitel. You can dramatically shape everything from our daily operations to our global presence.
- Work as a member of a geographically dispersed, multi-site development team to develop and deliver against our product roadmap
- Contribute actively as a member of the cross-functional product roadmap, product architecture and product deployment team
- Coordinate and collaborate with other software engineering teams, product management, and QA
- Motivate the team to innovate and aim high while staying focused and on schedule
- Identify and mitigate risk
- Work with the larger team in an agile, continuous integration, continuous delivery culture
- Ensure that testability and quality are designed into our products
- Ensure that the product architecture is modular and scalable
- Deliver on time, high quality software
- 3+ years of experience with iOS development ecosystem and Swift programming language.
- Experience with the full application development lifecycle
- 5+ years of experience with developing using OOP language
- Experience with Representational State Transfer (REST) a plus
- Familiarity with automated end to end testing is a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge on DevOps methodologies and tools like Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with AWS and Cloud Platforms (preferred)
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.