QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - 2nd Shift
JOIN A WINNING TEAM!!!
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - GURNEE
*** 2nd SHIFT ***
Miracapo Pizza Company is seeking a 2nd Shift Quality Assurance Supervisor. The QA Supervisor is responsible for supporting the process of incoming material inspections and overseeing on-the-floor QA activities which include line releases and inspections. This role plays a crucial support role in investigations, CAPAs and change controls. The QA Supervisor ensures the facility is third party inspection ready, SOPs are adhered to and GMPs are maintained.
The QA Supervisor manages and/or completes day to day Quality functions and assists, trains, and develops staff to identify and address issues related to USDA, FDA, and SQF compliance.
- Provides leadership to develop a cohesive, independent functioning team of quality assurance associates.
- Responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in inspection and quality assurance procedures with regards to purchased material, in-process material and finished products to assure that quality and food safety control standards are achieved.
- Addresses comments and concerns on the HACCP/PC forms and collaborates with the Manager on the actions necessary to resolve the issues within 24 hours.
- Identifies other non-food safety problems that impact the quality of raw materials and finished products. Determines reason for problems and recommends solutions.
- Initiates and implements CAPAs to address findings, issues, and non-compliances in the facilities, including but not limited to internal or external audit deficiencies, environmental non-conformances, and quality or food safety deviations.
- Monitors team’s performance for compliance with GMPs in production and warehouses by auditing the records on the approved forms.
- Assigns team’s work activities based on production and warehouse schedules ensuring that all operations are covered with appropriate QA staff.
- Reviews and monitors all QA activities for the assigned team. Reviews and approves all QA records including HACCP/PC records.
- Develops, coaches, and provides guidance to team for increasing their business and quality knowledge, skills and abilities. Provides on-going feedback regarding performance as well as attainment of goals and objectives.
- Reviews and reacts to ongoing data collection (SPC charts, etc.) to ensure timely decisions are made regarding product quality and cost.
- Contacts suppliers regarding material non-conformances and manage the supplier corrective action process.
- Investigates consumer complaints and recommends corrective and preventive actions based on findings.
- Ensures that there is a safe work environment for all employees and that safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Analyzes available data to make informed decisions
- Ability to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results
- Effective oral and written communications across functions
- Ability to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goals
In addition to all the Key Responsibility areas of the Lead QA Technician, the QA Supervisor is accountable for assisting the QA Manager with training the QA Technicians and all other employees on all aspects of the position; including but not limited to GMP, HACCP, SQF, USDA and FDA regulations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Associates Degree in food science or related discipline preferred
- 8 – 10 years of related food manufacturing experience, minimum 5 years in a QA function.
- Expert knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, SQF, USDA and FDA regulations, including environmental (micro) programs.
- Must have strong writing, math, oral communication, and computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Position requires ability to work effectively with production, sanitation, maintenance, and warehouse personnel.
- Prior sanitation experience a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to work on various shifts as needed.
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.