QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN II - 1ST SHIFT
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN II
GURNEE FACILITY, 1ST SHIFT
To ensure compliance with all company, customer, and regulatory quality requirements by monitoring, coordinating, and documenting QA activities in the production and warehousing of company raw materials and products.
- Audit line documentation, processes, and paperwork through sign off, as necessary.
- Accountable for Hold and Release program, including tag removal, review of applicable documentation, approval sign off, and systemic release, as necessary.
- Determine the necessity to shut down and/or correct the production line(s) based on identified problems impacting food safety and quality, government regulations and requirements (USDA, FDA, GMPs, & SOPs), as well as customer specifications.
- Perform and/or complete direct observation of process verifications or other, as specified per SOPs and as applicable.
- Review and assess the acceptability of company raw materials and products upon arrival to premise and as applicable.
- Prepare all necessary reports, records, and/or other documentation, as required.
- Conducting product evaluation
- Makes sound decisions based on basic food safety and quality principles with supervisor guidance, as needed.
- Works to complete and meet all responsibilities, tasks, and goals in a timely and effective manner.
- Able to self-prioritize tasks based on all responsibilities, tasks, and goals.
- Able to accept feedback and modify behavior accordingly.
- Is self-motivated and continuously looking to improve performance and/or aspects of the position.
- Responsible for all work completed and assigned; and focused on improving work quality
- Clearly communicates with others, actively listens, and provides feedback in an appropriate manner.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with others to foster teamwork, with those in and outside of the department.
- Able to follow up on daily issues
- Maintaining the sample retaining area
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- High School diploma or equivalent. 2 years of college level course work preferred in science. A minimum of 5 years in a quality function in food manufacturing is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of GMPS’s, SOP’s, USDA and FDA regulations on food manufacturing.
- Strong writing, math, oral communication, and basic computer skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
Miracapo Pizza Company is the premier place to work and one of the world's leading frozen items manufacturers. We have played an invaluable role in creating some of the biggest and most respected private-label frozen food brands. We pride ourselves in understanding the needs of our customers and employees. In addition to our commitment to employee development, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, FSA, and 401k).
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.