HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager provides overall Human Resources services, administers and implements policies and programs, and represents the HR function within the Gurnee Illinois plant. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the HR function and to administer programs, procedures and standardization processes that align to company goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Work closely with plant leadership team in the identification, investigation, and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develop, administer and communicate corporate policies including fair and equitable disciplinary practices.
- Coach and counsel management and supervisors with regard to employee relations issues.
- Design and execute timely recruitment and staffing strategies for full-time and part-time employees, including: sourcing resumes and applications, pre-screening, background checks, postings, interviewing, new hire orientation, and maintaining all appropriate files.
- Track, report, and analyze staffing data and develop and implement retention plans.
- Lead plant staff in the efficient delivery of HR initiatives aligned with Corporate strategy including, but not limited to compensation & benefits administration, training and professional development, performance management process, succession planning, employee relations and employment practices within the site.
- Follow up on Safety Incident investigations and conduct Safety walk-throughs weekly in the plant.
- Administer performance evaluation program to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Maintain compliance of all HR records including employment, performance evaluation, training, and personal documents to verify HR is prepared for company audits at all times
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Counsel and discipline employees and provide other employee services as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated Leaership skills
- Knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws
- Effective Communication Skills
- Excellent Time Management
- Multi Task and Detail Oriented
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field of study
- 5 – 7 Years Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge required, specifically including employment law
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Human Resources Certification preferred but not required.