MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II - 2nd Shift
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II
PLC Specialization is a plus!!
To support product manufacturing by ensuring that all assigned production equipment operates at maximum efficiency, mechanically and electrically, by repairing, altering, installing, and remanufacturing plant equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- With no supervision, performs installation, modification, calibration and repair of electronic and electrical instrumentation, equipment and control systems.
- Inspects, repairs and performs electric and mechanical overhauls on all equipment such as VFDs, open and closed feedback servo lops, servo motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components, motor control center devices, conveyor systems, and packaging and processing equipment.
- Performs PLC functions such as troubleshooting internal and external /O and field device failures, calibration of PID Loop controllers, verifying program logic/codes and modify timers, counters, and register values.
- Write basic small PLC programs, inserting or removing runs and jumpers on program for troubleshooting or repairing equipment.
- Interprets and insures compliance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and calculates line leads to determine HP, watt, current, voltages, wire, conduit, fuse and equipment sizes and capacities.
- Troubleshoots and repairs motor control centers, electro-mechanical drives and sub-electrical panels using volt-ohm-amp meters, oscilloscope and mergers.
- Performs typical building maintenance repairs and alterations to electrical fixtures, machinery, circuits, relays, switches and control boxes through assigned work orders.
- Analyses available data to make informed decisions
- Able to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results
- Effective oral and written communications across functions.
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goals
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- Proficient knowledge of the principles of electronic, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic/vacuum systems and components found in food manufacturing equipment.
- Specialization on PLC requiring edits, modification and troubleshoot of PLC programs.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and inspection techniques of repairing and operating equipment in a food-manufacturing environment.
- Expert ability to read, interpret and work from blue prints, technical sketches, manuals, and schematics in repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities.
- Ability to conduct training sessions on equipment operating principles through illustration and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of operation of programmable logic controllers, personal computers and current operating system software.
- Ability and willingness to use knowledge, creativity and initiative in continuously improving bottom line results within a team environment.
- Skilled in the use of tools, machines and testing instruments used in the repair and overhaul of plant equipment.
- This level of knowledge and skills is generally acquired, in addition to High School, through a 2-year technical school certificate and/or successful completion of a certified apprenticeship program with a minimum of 5 or more years of experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
Miracapo Pizza Company is the premier place to work and one of the world's leading frozen items manufacturers. We have played an invaluable role in creating some of the biggest and most respected private-label frozen food brands. We pride ourselves in understanding the needs of our customers and employees. In addition to our commitment to employee development, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, FSA, and 401k).
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.