MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - 3RD SHIFT - ELK GROVE VILLAGE
- Under minimal supervision, performs installation, maintenance, modification, calibration and repair of some electronic and electrical instrumentation, equipment and control systems.
- Inspects, repairs and performs overhauls on food processing equipment for mechanical drives/motors, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components, motor control center devices, conveyor systems, and packaging and processing equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs motor control centers, electro-mechanical drives and sub-electrical panels using volt-ohm-amp meters
- Performs basic machine shop duties such as grinding, drilling, light metal fabrication, welding and machining.
- Performs typical building maintenance repairs and alterations to electrical fixtures, machinery, circuits, relays, switches, and control boxes through assigned work orders.
- Analyzes available data to make informed decisions.
- Able to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations.
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback.
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others.
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results.
- Effective oral and written communications across functions.
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goalsDIMENSIONS:
- Fully complies with established work order system and procedures
- Requisitions and maintains inventory of spare parts and supplies.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
- May train production staff and/or lower level Maintenance Technicians on equipment operating principles using illustration and verbal communication.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of the basic operating principles of electrical (PLC, PID, VFD and Servo Systems), hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic/vacuum systems and components found in food manufacturing equipment such as conveyors, freezers, dough presses, mixers, extruders, ovens, high speed packaging equipment, and labeling/printing equipment..
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and inspection techniques of repairing and operating equipment in a food-manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from blue prints, technical sketches, manuals, and schematics in repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities.
- Ability and willingness to use knowledge, creativity, and initiative in continuously improving bottom line results.
- Ability and willingness to further develop skills and ability through formal education and practical internal and external training programs.
- Skilled in the use of tools, machines and testing instruments used in the repair and overhaul of plant equipment.This level of skills and knowledge is generally acquired through:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a certificate from a 2-year technical school and/or graduation from a certified apprenticeship program and one to two years of experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment preferably in a food environment.
- Minimum of three to four years of experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment preferably in a food environment.
Physical Requirements, Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Miracapo Pizza Company is the premier place to work and one of the world's leading frozen items manufacturers. We have played an invaluable role in creating some of the biggest and most respected private-label frozen food brands. We pride ourselves in understanding the needs of our customers and employees. In addition to our commitment to employee development, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D, FSA, and 401k).
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.