GURNEE, IL LOCATION
A great place to work!!!
Miracapo Pizza Company is the leading North American manufacturer of specialty frozen pizzas for some of the world’s largest retail, foodservice, and consumer branded companies. For over 30 years we have specialized in contract manufacturing, private label, and brand development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Prioritize and schedule work orders based on the available workday hours by mechanic.
- Track and monitor mechanical downtime through interaction with operation leads, supervisors, and mechanics to determine PM effectiveness and to develop daily and weekend plan.
- Update PM’s to eliminate tasks that are not affecting equipment performance and add tasks that require rebuild or replacement based on component life.
- After updating all PM procedures along with proper tasks, work toward reliability centered maintenance to minimize equipment down time.
- Personally follow up on complete and incomplete PM’s.
- Plan to spend at least 20-30% of your time outside of the office and away from computers by actively engaging in direct contact with the plant personnel and equipment to minimize downtime and seek to improve plant operations.
- Utilize facility maintenance software history to constantly refine the work that is being planned and the work orders themselves to direct the mechanics to downtime root causes.
- Review daily efficiencies to determine the direction of the daily plan and the preparation of the weekend plan to address issues that are creating the greatest downtime on the production floor.
- Critically evaluate all facility downtime and generate corrective actions.
- Report on the percent complete verses work assigned. Including the report on work completed by each mechanic.
- Help department for weekend coverage as needed.
- Analyze available data to make informed decisions.
- Able to multitask and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations.
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback.
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others.
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results.
- Effective oral and written communications across functions.
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goals.
- Identify and analyze corrective and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis Investigations.
Responsible for the maintenance planning activities of manufacturing facilities in Elk Grove Village.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Engineering degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of procedures, drawings, equipment, and materials to perform planned work requirements.
- Parts inventory management experience required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, WORK ENVIRONMENT (summary)
- Work requires frequent exposure to varying temperatures.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit, walk, lift up to 15 lbs., and uses their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.