SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk in our Elk Grove Village facility. We are looking for someone to provide our customers with excellent service by providing clerical and logistics support to the shipping, receiving, inventory control, and warehousing functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Complete, print, and distribute bills of lading.
- Check bills of lading for accuracy in MAPICS
- Take appointments for pickup and delivery. Update computer schedules and distribute appointment sheets.
- As directed, may obtain freight rates from various carriers and engage carriers based on the lowest rate.
- Print and distribute various reports and documentation.
- Calculates information to provide management with necessary warehouse activity information.
- Perform all necessary office support tasks such as data entry, filing, faxing, and copying.
- Prepares & processes all export paperwork for International shipments.
- Analyzes available data to make informed decisions
- Able to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively copes with change and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results
- Effective oral and written communications across functions
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships to achieve goals
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- High school plus at least one year of warehouse/shipping, accounting, or purchasing department experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of MAPICS a plus.
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Frequently exposed to noise and temperature variation.
- Constantly required to sit, walk, and use a keyboard during an 8-10 hour daily shift
As an equal opportunity employer, Miracapo Pizza Company recruits, hires and promotes the most qualified individual, without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. All employment decisions are administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.