Software Developer (Server)
Miniclip.com is looking for an experienced Software Developer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time, permanent position.
You will be part of a small team of dedicated programmers, deploying and providing support for our mobile multiplayer game servers. Thinking outside the box to come up with innovative solutions, and collaborating with some of the best minds in the field!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and providing support for mobile multiplayer game servers
- Providing support for various services essential for mobile games
- Developing new web applications for both internal and external use
- Developing game prototypes
- Building our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Exceptional written and spoken English skills
- At least 3 years of C or C++ experience
- At least 3 years of Linux experience
- Advanced knowledge of TCP / IP stack
- Software architecture or infrastructure design skills
- Troubleshooting and addressing load issues
- Client / Server paradigms
- Team Player
- Accountability and Ownership
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge or experience of Erlang / Elixir
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in CI / CD systems
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 150 million monthly active users, across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 45 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognized brand name.
Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Soccer Stars™ and Rail Rush™.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.