Graphic Promotional Designer
We are looking for a talented and well-rounded visual artist to support our Art department. The ideal candidate will be comfortable understanding marketing goals and strategic insights, leveraging the Miniclip art style to create a wide range of compelling art across multiple mediums, including but not limited to promotional art, marketing campaigns, logos, concept art and illustrations.
This designer should be an experienced visual storyteller, experienced in Illustration, by creating art assets from scratch, that communicate with audiences across marketing channels. They must also be versatile in Graphic Design, by creating and manipulating art assets into polished, usable formats across the same wide range of mediums.
Additionally, this artist must be flexible and enjoy working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage overlapping deadlines. Prior experience with creating attractive layouts and designs is a requirement!
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Portugal.
- Create 2D Illustrations with ease, from concept to final art, with art styles ranging from cartoon to digital realistic;
- At ease with Communication Design, to create engaging banners, pop-ups and design novel ways to serve digital products to mobile users;
- Create and manage clear and visually compelling designs and layouts for promotions and campaigns;
- Manipulate image composition and perform overpaints and style refinement to enhance final creatives;
- Create functional and attractive layouts/designs for our game promotional offers;
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship;
- Follow good design practices on the layouts and compositions of our promotional art;
- Provide major assets to all key projects and ensure delivery fits deadlines;
- Present, review and iterate designs together with the team’s Art Lead on a regular basis;
- Timely delivery of assets to the production pipeline within Miniclip;
- Create a wide variety of art ranging from environments, characters, banners, concepts, game props and some visual animated effects;
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as a Digital Artist;
- Ability to analyse and adapt to different digital art styles;
- Good levels of creativity, with the ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas;
- A solid understanding of brand, colour, typography and design principles is required for this position;
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
- Good eye for composition, contrast, and colour;
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality;
- Accurate and with attention to detail;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Solid understanding of Design / Marketing core principles;
- Basic understanding of current mobile game trends is desirable;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with some priority shifts;
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process;
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas clearly;
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines;
- Respectful and with a professional attitude;
Valued Extras (NOT mandatory)
- Video edition and composition.
- CC After Effects.
- Knowledge on Materials and Rendering.
- VRay – Rendering.
- Keyshot – Compositing.
- 3D - basic knowledge of modelling, texturing and rendering.
- Animation - knowledge on After Effects or Spine.
Additional Considerations (Pluses)
- Knowledge and passion for mobile games
- Experience working in a marketing agency or mobile game industry
- Experience working on promotional campaigns
- Traditional art skills experience
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, science fiction, and other elements of pop culture
- Experience with digital photography
To apply please send your CV, Portfolio and a cover letter in English.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PORTUGAL
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.