Cloud Database Engineer
Miniclip is looking for an experienced Database Administrator in MariaDB/ MySQL to join our Cloud Engineering Team to be hired in our Lisbon (PT) Games Development Studio.
We are looking for someone who can maintain and extend the current infrastructure of Relational Databases while working closely with the rest of the Cloud Engineering team to improve the current architecture while driving upgrade efforts.
This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Portugal.
- Operational maintenance of our fleet of Relational Databases that support business-critical products;
- Design and implement highly-available, scalable database systems;
- Implement monitoring solutions and decide on critical metrics to determine appropriate preentive actions to ensure systems availability and performance;
- Design, implement and test backup and restore plans;
- Design, implement and test compliance processes including Data Retention and GDPR;
- Design, implement and test Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans;
- Design, implement and test query logging and database audit solutions;
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other members of the Cloud Engineering Team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience managing and performing tuning on MariaDB deployments with high-volume transactional count;
- 3+ years of experience with Managed and Unmanaged MariaDB deployments in AWS including services such as RDS, EC2, S3, VPC and Route 53.
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with InnoDB;
- Proficiency with Linux system administration and OS tunning;
- Able to deal with high-pressure incidents and recovery situations;
- Highly analytical, results driven and problem solving mindset;
- In-depth knowledge of procedures on how to do a multitude of operational work with zero downtime including cluster replacement, schema changes and engine upgrades.
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don't forget to mention them):
- Formal experience on a DevOps or Performance or SRE team;
- Knowledge of other AWS services, such as DynamoDB, Aurora, EMR;
- Knowledge of Consul or similar configuration systems;
- Knowledge of Chef automation and orchestration;
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tooling, such as terraform, AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation;
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages (e.g., Perl / Python / Ruby);
- Knowledge of Erlang or other functional programing languages.
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to apply. Please do it through http://corporate.miniclip.com (careers/vacancies).
You’ll be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.