Miniclip.com is looking for a Game Designer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your free-to-play design career in mobile: help create new games and work on highly successful live games at a leading mobile studio that’s just 10 minutes from the beach!
This is a full-time, permanent position, so please only apply if you have the right to work in Portugal.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design gameplay experiences and game features that deliver strong player engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Create game content to delight players, and design and balance in-game economies to maximise game performance.
- Write, review and give feedback on game/feature design documents, builds, and plans.
- Participate as a key member of the production team across the product life-cycle, working not just on early game concepts and prototypes, but also games in production, and live titles, proposing high-impact updates to our existing portfolio of games.
- Support the team with subject-matter expertise on mobile & social game design.
- You will report to Miniclip’s Head of Game Design.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in team and is passionate about games, and mobile free-to-play. The ideal candidate will be articulate, energetic, with the following attributes:
- Experience designing multiple successful free-to-play published titles, preferably on mobile.
- Experience across the product life-cycle, from initial concept & prototyping through to updating and optimising a live free-to-play game.
- Good knowledge of the mobile & social game space, and solid grasp of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Highly numerate, with a solid mathematical background, and ability to design virtual currencies and manage in-game economies.
- Strong grasp of mobile user-experience design, and ability to consider & empathise with many different types of players.
- Creative problem solver, with proven ability to create compelling gameplay.
- Relentlessly self-critical: always sees the pros and cons of each approach, and works tirelessly to improve design solutions. Prolific with high quality, well-thought-through proposals.
- Able to balance between innovation and setting reasonable goals.
- Drive, initiative and ability to self-manage and prioritise effectively.
- Highly organised, with ability to prioritise appropriately to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Great collaborator, with superb written and oral communication skills.
To apply please send your CV in English with a covering letter explaining why you want to apply.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.