Software Developer - Games Industry
Miniclip is looking for a Software Developer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid level software developer to integrate into an agile, highly effective and skilled team. You will be developing cutting edge mobile games played by tens of millions of users!
Your work will include:
- Develop games for different mobile platforms
- Extend existing products to add functionalities and/or deploy them in other platforms
- Develop in-house tools to support the game development and porting processes
- Work in an agile scrum team to ensure the timely completion of the requested tasks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate must present the following:
- Professional game development experience (>= 2 years)
- Strong Objective-C and/or C++ knowledge
- Capacity to write optimized code or adapt existing code to the necessities of the required platforms
- Some mobile (iOS and/or android) development experience (even if academic only)
- Very good written and spoken English
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Unix shell scripting and makefile manipulation
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience in developing multiplayer games
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.