Analytics Engineer Manager
Analytics Engineer Manager
Miniclip is looking for a Analytics Engineer Manager - Tech & Tools to join our London (UK) Studio. This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK. Remote is possible for the right candidate.
This is an exciting role working with a leading digital games and entertainment company. You will be part of the Business Intelligence team and work closely with our existing teams within the Marketing Analytics department. This role will report into the Head of Marketing Analytics.
You’ll be responsible for making sure that our Analytics team gets all the support needed in order to provide the business with meaningful insights. You’ll be building what is needed in order to ensure smooth flow of data needed to provide analytics to the marketing teams.
This role will mostly focus on helping existing teams by providing the tools and support in order for them to be able to do their work efficiently.
You’ll be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders with different levels of expertise, but mostly in analytics & data engineering.
● Manage a team
● Build, optimise & oversee back-ends and pipelines using Airflow, AWS & Spark
● Exploring new potential tech solutions to help the Analytics team in their duties
● Be close to the data & systems to be able to find solutions to any issue rising
● Work closely with all the stakeholders (Analytics, Data engineering, etc…) in order to understand their needs
● Making sure the data is at the right quality at every stage of the process and find ways of improving the current data quality
● Drive forward data projects, ensuring your team keeps adapting to the needs & demands of the business
● Clarify stakeholder demands, understanding the “What” and “Why”. Be able to analyse and distinguish trend to give actionable & valuable insights to the stakeholders
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
● 3-5 years of experience in the digital space as someone working closely with large datasets
● Strong SQL, R or Python experience along with tools like Airflow, AWS & Spark to support the pipeline creation. Experience with building and/or maintaining back-ends and pipelines
● Previous management/mentoring experience preferred.
● Be able to communicate effectively complex matters to a wide range of level of expertise
● A strong business mindset with focus in marketing analytics or User Acquisition
● Be proactive with a drive and commitment to own and deliver outstanding work
● Be able to work under clear deadlines & provide work of quality
● Be a leader when it comes to the data projects & your team
● Organised, empathetic & affable
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 3 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group. For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com