3D Generalist Artist
Miniclip is looking for a 3D Generalist Artist to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio.
We are looking for a passionate and talented 3D Generalist Artist.
The ideal profile for us is someone who enjoys solving problems and learning new technologies, is creative, collaborative, loves games, and takes ownership and pride in the work, while adding value to our objectives.
This role will include working closely with a Lead Artist, Product Managers and programmers, assisting in a range of artistic tasks including modelling, texturing and levels creation.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Italy.
- Produce assets (character, environment elements and props) to support our games and products
- Create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into our games
- Create low poly as well as high poly 3D models
- Create textures for 3D models, and set-up scenes in the appropriate engine (Unity) with adequate lighting and materials in a wide range of art styles, from realistic to illustrated
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship
- Display knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline
- Work closely with the art lead, game designers, producers, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (Required)
- 3+ years of art production using tools such as Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
- Knowledge of Unity Engine to create and set-up scenes and other game elements
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and a problem-solving attitude
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus
- Comprehensive portfolio proving artistic/ technical skills
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (Desired)
- General experience in 3D animation of characters and objects
- Rigging of characters
- Basic experience with video editing
- Experience in the mobile games industry
- Fluent in English
To apply please submit your CV, Portfolio and a cover letter in English. Please note that we will only contact candidates that present in their CV the link for their portfolio. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ITALY
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genoa (Italy). Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 150 million monthly active users, across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 45 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognized brand name.
Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Soccer Stars™ and Agar.io™. In 2015, Agar.io was the #1 trending game on Google, and the third highest-trending search term overall.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com