Position: Instructional Designer
Position Status: Full Time
Department: Training Design
Location: Ottawa, Toronto
As an Instructional Designer, you will work in partnership with the team’s Training Specialists and liaise with various client groups in the development and revision of current and future training programs. This position reports to the Manager of Training Design.
- Participate in multiple internal learning projects varying in size and complexity
- Consult with clients, subject matter experts and internal client partners to understand learning needs and define success measures
- Asses, evaluate and propose solutions plans to improve current training programs
- Designs and develops end to end learning solutions in alignment with identified needs and including the preparation of all learning materials such as participant and facilitator workbooks, presentations, reference guides, job aids etc.
- Liaise with Training Design Manager throughout the design and development process for content validation
- Facilitate/Lead Train-the-Trainer sessions for various client programs
- Assist with reviewing and evaluating effectiveness of learning service providers, vendors and consultants providing insights and recommendations as appropriate
- Participates in post implementation reviews with the objective of continually enhancing course content, reinforcing and sustaining learned and desired behaviours
- Participate in discussions and maintenance of existing training courses and materials in accordance with Millennium Solutions Learning and Development strategy.
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in instructional design
- Post-secondary education in Adult Education or equivalent experience in Adult Learning, Education or Instructional Design
- Current and relevant knowledge of instructional design process, learning styles, and instructional techniques
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on projects varying in complexity and of strategic importance to clients and the enterprise
- Solid consulting skills and ability to work closely with business partners, clients, Subject Matter Experts and learners
- Ability to work within a project / team environment with demonstrated ability to meet expectations for project deliverables
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, a willingness to take on challenges, with proven ability to achieve within an unstructured environment
- Ability to act independently within defined objectives and direction
- Strong working knowledge and application of MS Office suite of products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- Course Development software experience (e.g. Adobe Captivate, Lectora)
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.