Bilingual Customer Service Specialist
Primary responsibilities include handling inbound calls from existing and potential customers regarding application processing, account updates, product information questions and website support.
Representing our and our clients’ brand, you will directly affect cardholder’s impressions of the quality of service and thus need to be focused on efficiency and the quality of customer interactions you deliver within our fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Provide excellent service on inbound, outbound and offline servicing channels.
- Primary responsibility being inbound call servicing.
- Provide excellent customer service while responding to all inbound inquiries including but not limited to: application processing, card activation, account updates/inquiries, product information and website support.
- Provide excellent customer service while making outbound calls regarding general service inquiries
- Remain current on product, program information and business initiatives, in order to provide expert-level advice to customers.
- Naturally presenting recommended product offers to cardholders to assess interest and eligibility
- Drive customer engagement by discussing the benefits and features of supplemental products and services with the goal of achieving sales of these products.
- Accurately process offline customer correspondence
- In conjunction with on-screen customer information, identify the cardholder’s needs while simultaneously reading and updating customer information on the system.
- Analyze information presented by the cardholder to process next steps according to policy and procedures.
- Identify and resolve inquires & complaints to achieve a mutually satisfactory solution ensuring that the escalation process is followed as necessary.
- Adhere to established departmental escalation procedures, Quality Standard Guidelines defined by Millennium 1 Solutions and the client, and requirements and controls in relation to PCI compliance standards.
- Adhere to the Millennium 1 Solutions Code of Conduct and Sensitive Consumer Information Standard.
- Achieve quality service by accurately assessing and responding to customer needs, using sound judgment when recommending appropriate options/solutions, while adhering to the standards of quality assurance program.
- Ability to articulate program specific information to external customers in a clear manner
- Superb verbal communication skills with perfect fluency in both English and French. Bilingual ability is required.
- High school diploma and 2 years of previous customer experience required.
- Contact center experience considered a strong asset
- Previous financial services experience and knowledge of credit cards would be considered an asset
- Passionate about being a Customer Service Professional
- Proven active listening, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with an ability to work well with others
- Flexible, conscientious and able to follow directions
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications with strong keyboarding skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within time constraints
- Ability to multitask and work multiple assignments throughout a shift
- Achieve or exceed performance targets in-line with Goals and Objectives for a CSR role- quality, average handle time and cross sell offer/close rate.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to move between various shifts