Benefits Services Representative (Bilingual)
Position Title: Benefits Services Representative (Bilingual)
Position Status: Full Time, Permanent
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Rate of Pay: $18.00/Bilingual
Why work for Millennium1 Solutions?
Our people, practices and partnerships set us apart from the rest. Not only are we great at what we do, we have fun doing it! We offer a premium benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, an Employee Assistance Program and retirement savings with a company match. In addition to our excellent benefits, you will be eligible for paid vacation, extensive paid training, career progression, performance bonuses, free shuttle services to and from the building to a central location, and much more!
If you are looking to jump-start your career and join a growing company, then Millennium1 Solutions is the place to be!
The Benefits Services Representative assists with members’ inquiries received by telephone and email regarding group and Individual life and health benefits. The incumbent is responsible for delivering excellent member experience by focusing on providing accurate and detailed information and resolving any concerns identified.
- Benefits Services representatives will handle incoming calls, but may be required to perform some follow up calls and emails
- Provides accurate information in a timely manner using all applicable resources available (telephone system, computer applications, training material etc.)
- Resolves member complaints regarding coverage, claims and service and is equally responsible for investigations, identifying solutions and making appropriate recommendations for final resolution
- Works with the carrier to process claim adjustment requests and cheque stop-payments, and reissues requests related to claims adjudication issues, while ensuring decisions are made on a timely basis
- Responsible for providing additional information and responding to internal departments’ requests
- Edits letters and processes responses to routine correspondence, while adhering to established standards
- Ensures contractual provisions applied consistently in accordance to the carrier requirements to determine member eligibility for requested benefits.
- Issues member confirmation notices in response to member telephone inquiries and prints the necessary documents, as required
- Maintains historical records by filing documents and records of insurance transactions and maintaining master files, amendments, etc.
- Maintains a comprehensive log and diary system, and reviewing and flagging all problem situations for discussion with management, as required.
- Identifies and reports any trends in claim adjudication errors
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in both official languages English and French
- A post- secondary diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Must have previous experience in a call centre or customer service environment
- Knowledge of group health, dental and travel insurance is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client experience and service
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Computer Skills: MS Suite applications, able to navigate multiple systems and source information
- Excellent detail orientation and affinity towards improvements
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, welcomes, and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.