The Receptionist welcomes visitors and new employees to the building in a positive and pleasant manner, and is also responsible for executing administrative tasks by managing the front desk in the highest quality standards. The Receptionist will also be responsible for providing support to the different internal departments with any needs that may arise and will ensure that proper processes are followed.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, both internally and externally.
- Appropriately manages call centre calls that are redirected to reception and ensure Operations Managers are notified immediately.
- Manage voice messages, which involves forwarding calls internally to the appropriate persons or returning calls to respond to inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories as well as giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Work in partnership with Telecom to ensure ongoing updates to telecommunication changes are made.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Distribute expense cheques as received and ensure proper process is followed before the release of cheques.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- As the need arises provide administrative support to Contact Centre management, Recruitment and Training teams.
- Expedites courier packages/envelopes and verifies timely delivery as required.
- Receives courier packages and forwards to appropriate personnel. Log incoming packages and deliver Incoming mail.
- Prepare packages to ship out; login to courier portal for label printing, bill back the appropriate department. Ensure Accounts Payable is in receipt of weekly invoices on a weekly basis.
- Maintain shipping supply inventory and re-order as necessary.
- Administrate new badge creation and form completions. Manage add, changes and removals to badge access including issuing temporary and visitor badge access. Maintain badge tracker and appropriate badge related supplies inventory.
- Manage client badges and create new ones as required.
- Prepare paperwork for all anticipated new hire classes and ensure new badges are created.
- Greet new hires and provide them with information regarding check-in process. Take new hire employees’ picture for badge and assign lockers.
- Provide list of assigned badge numbers to HR and Payroll.
- Regularly provide the Payroll Department with no longer used badge numbers for recycling purposes.
- Check badge drop box on daily basis.
- Track headset inventory and clean returned headsets for recycling purposes. Maintain a logbook of assigned headsets and follow established processes for broken or lost headsets.
- Arranges booking of conference and meeting rooms in addition to ensuring that rooms are in proper working order.
- Assist in coordinating facility needs with vendors/suppliers as required (janitorial care, leakage, snow clearing etc.)
- Establishes and maintains semi-confidential and confidential files and records
- Coordinate and maintain records of locker usage.
- Support the Social Committee with their monthly events; selling event tickets; sales for snack carts.
- Manage the Lost and Found box at the reception desk.
- Regularly update the Master Extension Lists as changes occur and communicate changes with other locations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years of receptionist experience
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word
- Ability to work independently and under constant pressure
- Highly motivated, and pro-active
- Ability to communicate effectively, to exercise discretion and confidentiality & demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability to organize tasks and set priorities
- Ability to participate as a team player and work with all levels within the organization
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.