Position: Course Advisor
Position Status: Full Time Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday
Location: Ottawa – Work from Home Program
Salary: 40,000/year + incentive + benefits
Who We Are
At M1S, we are fueled by human connections. Our people are at the heart of our company and are encouraged to be curious and courageous, different and humble. We are decision makers and problem solvers no matter level or title, are motivated by challenges, and thrive in fast-paced environments. Our vision is to enable a future where people and technology empower each other and work together successfully to create the right customer experiences for our clients and their customers, making digital human.
For this opportunity, we’ve partnered with Australian Institute Of Business (AIB) whose vision is to deliver life-changing experiences by making higher education affordable and achievable for more people, by removing traditional barriers to entry and providing flexible online learning that is innovative and relevant to today’s business world. To do this, we are building a team of smart, collaborative, energized people who are excited about what they do and are ready to make an impact!
To support AIB’s continued commitment in delivering the highest level of quality and innovative learning experiences, we are seeking skilled Course Advisors to join us in multiple roles.
To be successful at AIB you will have a history in a similar position where you have worked in business to consumer telephone sales. Brand advocacy, business acquisition and high service levels are the norm. Reporting to the Team Leader, this position is responsible for sales target achievement and performance, the Course Advisor is responsible for actively recruiting new students into nominated programs in Online Learning mode.
- Establish a strong rapport with prospective students and build an ongoing relationship, to convert to a current student within a timely manner.
- Maintain regular contact with prospective students.
- Work closely with Team Leader to provide feedback on lead generation activities such as outbound email campaigns, networking, corporate events, etc.
- Liaise with Student Central regarding timetabling, start dates, access to the Student Learning Portal and any other relevant information required by the student.
- Liaise with Academic Affairs regarding applications for subject exemption and credit transfer.
- Provide a high level of accuracy regarding all administrative tasks related to their role.
- Actively and positively participate in training initiatives to improve skills, knowledge and raise awareness of not only the organisations internal functioning but also the education industry overall.
- Convert as many generated leads as possible, not only to achieve, but to exceed sales targets and student enrolments by following documented processes as per the Student Recruitment Sales Operations Manual.
- Follow the sales call approach as documented in the AIB Sales Call Flow.
- Commitment towards achieving and exceeding other KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) as required in your role.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Department’s goals by taking responsibility for the achievement of their individual revenue targets. Engaging in and demonstrating belief and commitment towards a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a fluent knowledge of all programs offered by AIB.
- Remain up to date on relevant competitor intelligence and utilise it within the student recruitment process.
- Demonstrate understanding of the approach used for online learning and articulate this via the student recruitment process
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably business or marketing is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that enable effective and appropriate communication.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team environment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Positive attitude, Emotional intelligence and Business acumen
- Flexibility and resilience Significant experience in customer service and sales (preferably in a high value consultative selling environment).
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in telephone-based selling and customer service.
- Significant work experience, preferably in a complex service industry environment
- Understanding of the Education industry preferred
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Understanding of the consultative sales process
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.